Taiwan: Projects & Construction

It (i.e. Tainan Spring) is a cool project—I’d love to visit it. No idea how the engineering for this works though . . .

Guy

The old town located in Zuoying, the first stone city in Taiwan,

5 Likes

Taoyuan Convention Exhibition Centre project

1 Like

Kaohsiung | J.Plaza | 106.7m | 29 fl | U/C

1 Like

Kaohsiung | Gangshan | Dali Miller shopping mall / Showtime Cinema

a1818da , taiwan city forum

https://www.da-li.com.tw/en/miller/

1 Like

Kaohsiung | Gangshan | Kaohsiung Medical University Gangshan Hospital | U/C

yixun, taiwan city forum

https://scontent.fkhh1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/121673091_3484431578282079_2115250245227205807_o.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_sid=0debeb&_nc_ohc=mhOY3ZlSb0IAX-4eaHn&_nc_ht=scontent.fkhh1-2.fna&oh=01ea6ee10cf9dc20a040abc2fcad23a7&oe=5FB15475
CH3Fang, taiwan city forum

1 Like

Hotel Nikko Kaohsiung (Hotel and Residential Complex)| 21fl / 30fl

alan910223, taiwan city forum

1 Like

Taipei, Nangang district, Social housing

南港區經貿段社會住宅新建工程-1 by William Chung, on Flickr
南港區經貿段社會住宅新建工程-2 by William Chung, on Flickr

2 Likes

One more? How many of these does Taiwan need?

3 Likes

It’s becoming a competition to bring people away from only Taipei and elsewhere in the country.

Kaohsiung | Yungshin - Tan Mu (天睦)| 108.95m | 29 fl
Street Address:
高雄市苓雅區青年一路3號

1 Like

Yageo breaks ground on Kaohsiung plant for electronic components

3 Likes

By the way most of them are holding those shovels, I’d say they’ve never turned so much as a clod of dirt in their lives.

What are they supposed to be digging anyway? What a silly pose.

2 Likes

why all the new housing in Kaoshiung? Arent young people moving away from that city because of the lack of paying jobs. Why do they need so much luxury housing?

I disagree. The housing towers are as boring as they come and the office spaces are so-so but the public projects like the PingTung library, Taichung farmers market, Fubon Aozihdi station and the museums are quite nice imo.

New developments in Taiwan are not built primarily for living in. They’re built for what can be a very lucrative form of financial engineering.

3 Likes

Just a few projects in a sea of mediocrity .
It would be better to clean up and spruce up the existing housing in many cases .

There are very serious problems related to development in Taiwan - CO2 emissions , gravel extraction and conversion of farmland to urban being three of them.

2 Likes
3 Likes

New pics from inside of the new Kaohsiung Music Center

2 Likes

Taichung

Led by Qinmei Group, Taichung City’s first large-scale international complex development project
-Comprehensive development combining brand, hotel and luxury residence

1 Like