Taiwan Public Holidays 2010 list

Can only find 2009 info in a search, or sites that say they have 2010 but don’t when you click the links.

Cheers

The official source is the Central Personnel Administration. Here’s their 2010 work calendar.

Talk about crappy holidays, two Wednesdays… fantastic :imp:

And we need to work Saturday, February 6. :discodance: :fume:

You might, I don’t, nor does my GF… :sunglasses:

If I hear one more “but we have two weeks off in New Year”, I’ll scream so loud they’ll hear me in Tinbuktu…

And we need to work Saturday, February 6. :discodance: :fume:[/quote]
Rot in jail, Chen Shui-bian! :fume:

So for the Chinese New Year holidays, do “makeup holidays” and “adjusts to holidays” mean that we do get Feb 17, 18, 19 off? That would make a big difference in scheduling my vacation, 5 extra days I can add to the trip…

And we need to work Saturday, February 6. :discodance: :fume:[/quote]
Rot in jail, Chen Shui-bian! :fume:[/quote]

Actually, it was Lee Teng-hui’s idea, implemented since 1999…

Zyzzx, if you ain’t got no reservation made in October, it will be very hard and very expensive to find a ticket now, so HURRY!!!

NEWS FLASH

Taiwan’s public holidays shite yet again.

[quote=“Icon”]
Zyzzx, if you ain’t got no reservation made in October, it will be very hard and very expensive to find a ticket now, so HURRY!!![/quote]
Arg, I know. Although in this case it looks like procrastination could help me out. When I was looking at tickets in October I thought we only got the actual CNY dates (13-16) off. Obviously I picked the wrong websites to look at, but oh well. I’d rather buy later, pay more, and have a longer vacation. I just checked, and there are a few flights to Bangkok left :discodance:

Get yourself on waiting lists as well. Since no one knew the prices of tickets back in October, people booked lots of different flights, so as the price information comes in there will be lots of cancellations. I’ve been on waiting lists every year, and every year I’ve found a flight.

shit, there are no holidays again

especially since I dont get any paid holiday or even labour day while my brother swans around europe with 5 weeks holiday a year

seems like another nail in the coffin for staying in Taiwan

Every time I start thinking that way, Iti, I remember that my sister lives in a home surrounded by electrified barbwire…

There is always a silver lining to living in Taiwan.

[quote=“Icon”]Every time I start thinking that way, Iti, I remember that my sister lives in a home surrounded by electrified barbwire…

There is always a silver lining to living in Taiwan.[/quote]

:s I don’t get it, I’d LOVE to live in a home surrounded by electrified barbwire…

OR do you mean she’s doing time in the joint???

:laughing:

Nope, she lives in a “posh” neighborhood and that’s there to keep 'em safe.

:s I don’t get it, I’d LOVE to live in a home surrounded by electrified barbwire.[/quote]
Fathers with daughters understand. :thumbsup:

:s I don’t get it, I’d LOVE to live in a home surrounded by electrified barbwire.[/quote]
Fathers with daughters understand. :thumbsup:[/quote]

PLUS you got all them Canadian kindy teachers selling weed door-to-door…

Must be that the people who decide on these ‘break’ days get more days off than you and me. :fume:

Oh, and the fact that somewhere in the world people are living behind barbed wire is not really the point. A properly structured year with some decent days off, and none of these fool Saturday make-up days, would be motivating, and just damn civilized. :raspberry:

"When the Memorial Holiday and the Festival Holiday fall on a Saturday or Sunday, a deferred day off is not allowed. "

I am pretty sure that in most countries this is not the case. I love how we get shafted when holidays fall on weekends here (especially these last 2 years). Anyone have ANY idea why this is the case? Got to love the Taiwanese government’s ability to suck every microlitre of blood out of the people who live here.