Taiwan Receipt Lottery

1,400NT for the 11-12 mo. Yippy.

awhile ago someone won some major money on the lottery, and I was telling some random taxi driver how lucky that guy was, the driver said it might be rigged. He said he got a friend that owns a lottery store, he didn’t have any winners but higher up told him to shut up and just tell BS stories to newspaper and people if they come to his store, or else they will shut down his store if he doesn’t shut up. What do you guys think? is it all rigged in Taiwan?actually no one wins it?

Can someone explain this one to me?

I know that if you get all six numbers right you win the big dollas, but what’s with random extra number? I’ve looked at the site, but it’s too much Chinese for me to handle.

1st prize = all six numbers
2nd prize = 5 numbers and the bonus number
3rd prize = 5 numbers

etc

lowest prize: 3 numbers (not including bonus).

The PICTURE graph here shows it clearly, so you don’t need Chinese :wink:

http://www.taiwanlottery.com.tw/Lotto649/index.asp

One would THINK I wouldn’t need Chinese for that, but I wasn’t aware that the lighter shaded dot stood for the “bonus” number.

Thanks for spelling it out for me!

How long are the receipts good for the receipt lottery? My filing system got mixed up one month when I forgot that a new month started and now I have 5 months of receipts (or more) all mixed up. I don’t really want to sort thru all of these but I have won in the past and it’s free money.

The back of the receipt actually gives you that information: you see the charts with the months? Middle column is when the winning numbers are issued; third column is when you can collect your winnings.

For example, for January/ February: numbers issued March 25, winnings can be collected April 6 through July 5. (So roughly for five months after the end of the two month period.)

So have July-August 2011 receipt lottery numbers been released yet?

dot.gov.tw/en/home.jsp?msern … 1109260000

Right there. But… it doesn’t seem to have the bonus sixth prize numbers? Even the past entries are missing those… making it a waste of time to check those since you’ll have to do it all over again once the extra numbers show up somewhere.

I think the 6th prize number might be here:

http://invoice.etax.nat.gov.tw/etaxinfo_1.htm

See, wait for those sixth prize numbers…

I just won a cool $200 from one of those bonus numbers. I’ve been saving receipts for three months hoping to win it big but expecting not to, and I did (well kinda). My first time actually attempting to save and check reciepts. Free lotteries are kinda fun.

200NT or 200USD?

NTD of course, here is not USA

This is my first time playing :slight_smile: I collected a small handful and got 3 x $200NT. Yay!

Did anybody win this time around?

I have a 200nt ticket. Is it worth it to stand in line for it? :confused:

Depends on how much your time is worth. You could always hire someone to wait in line for you.

Can’t you redeem them (200NT tickets) at 7-11? I would be shocked if Lili (or any foreigner) wasn’t in 7-11 at least once a week.

You can also redeem the NT200 ones for groceries at Wellcome, which is what I did last time, because it beats going to the post office. I haven’t check my numbers yet, guess I should.

My First time winning, $1000 :wink:

So besides the Post Office, can you redeem the winnings at 7-11?
@500cbFan, does welcome give you cash, or can you only use it in exchange for groceries? (Assume they will pay you the cash difference if your groceries are less than the winnings)

Convenience stores and Wellcome will let you exchange for goods, but sometimes convenience stores will put it on your Easycard, and 7-11 will always let you put it on your iCash card.