Taiwan Receipt Lottery

One of my receipts from last cycle won me 200nt. I’ve been trying to use it to buy stuff at 7-11 since the drawing, but keep getting refused.

First time was still in January. The guy told me they don’t accept winning receipts until the next month. So I waited.

Second time was over the weekend. The guy insisted I had to have my ID card with me.

Third time was last night. The guy refused to let me use the receipt to pay for my purchase, no reason given. I even showed him my ID card.

It’s a 7-11 receipt, almost certainly from the same store. What do they want? There is no form on the back of their receipts to fill in any more.

Try another store and have your ID with you.I think it’s because you are foreign and he doesn’t know what to do with one doesn’t have an ID number. Just my guess, though. I spent mine and she also insisted on seeing my ID and key in my ID number. I am Taiwanese.

just go to the post office and get the cash.

I had my ID with me. What makes you think my ID doesn’t have a number on it??

With the new receipt types you cannot redeem them for purchases anymore at 7-11 like in the past. The employee now MUST scan a bar code that enters the pertinent info into the system, and only the bar code on Taiwan IDs work–not the bar code on ARCs.

I know, I know, why don’t they just enter the info manually. I went round and round about this with different 7-11s, but you know that thinking outside of the box isn’t a strong point here (and the employees are probably just following procedure, as they have plenty to do already). Anyway, as foreigners we gotta get the cash at the post office now.

Well, rats. Thanks, I will go to the post office. Sigh.

The Prize Winning Numbers for Months 03-04 have just been released!

‘Taiwan Receipt LotterytoIX’ is a FREE Android app works both in English and Chinese.
It’s designed to be the fastest way to check your tickets.
It has an intelligent method and many visual clues that will save your time.

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … iptlottoix

Give it a try! And write a review.

Hello,

I´m curious how this works from the business side. From how i understand it, there are basically two systems out there, Cash register system that use preprinted recipts and electronic cash register which probably get their numbers assigned when a sale happens? In the first case, when a business receives those paper receipt rolls, are those numbers registered to that business when they receive them? Btw, are businesses obliged to use that system or is there some incentive behind to use it? Thank you!

The lottery was created to get customers to support places that give out a receipt. So if you are a retail business the idea is that more customers might buy from you since you give out a receipt that potentially can be a “lottery winner”. If two stores carry the same or similar products / pricing a customer would buy from the one that gives out a receipt. There is no other incentive that I can think of. ( I’m not sure if for the “big prize” does the store get a % of the winnings…? )

The wiki link below does mention it is a requirement for businesses that hit NT$200,000 or more per month (not sure if that number is still accurate). However, a lot of “mom & pop” businesses will just report less than that so there is a lot of room for cheating. It should be noted that “whistle blowing” for anything business or tax is very common. It happened to the company I work for 7 yrs ago although we are not retail. It happened to a physical therapist who was working out of his home 2 years ago (he was making huge sums of money and I’m not really sure how much he reported for income tax)-- the English name he gave for his baby boy was “Money”…I had to hold back my laughter when he told me that.

In both cases it was never known who was the person was the government keeps it a secret. The whistle blower gets a % of any penalty received. As businesses grow and get news coverage the government might check on them. Usually you’ll hear of some tea shop that starts to grow large and then are forced to do the receipts because it is obvious they are bringing in much more than NT200k.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uniform_Invoice_lottery

how do I find latest lottery receipt number? when I check online there is only 2015 nov/ dec. are there more recent numbers? ps: I don’t read Chinese, so I hope the sites are in English.

thanks!

looks like this answers my own question.
reachtoteachrecruiting.com/g … ttery.html
so I guess I will never find out if I win since I leave mid march! =(

These are the latest :
etax.nat.gov.tw/etwmain/fron … W6?site=en

Usually the numbers for the previous cycle are published on the 25th of the next month and then you can collect the winning a week or two after that.

install the official receipt lottery app:

play.google.com/store/apps/deta … e&hl=zh_TW

or the iOS version if you have an iPhone. It will have the latest lottery number, and if you sign up for the electronic receipt system, it will automatically check to see if you’ve won. You can even set it up so that if you’ve won, the money will automatically get wired to your account.

If you’re sure you won’t come back within the prize claiming period, you can donate your receipts to charity or to a friend or acquaintance.

A cab-driver who stopped at 7-11 for me told me to keep my receipt. My Mandarin isn’t very good for new, unencountered topics and i have been watching TV - - TVBS-- and haven’t seen any anything about this & March is a third over. Can any1 tell me if i saved jan. & feb. Receipts for nothing?

Winning numbers for Jan and Feb will be published on 25th of March. You can check for the numbers here:
https://www.etax.nat.gov.tw/etwmain/front/ETW183W6?site=en

Thank you

Here are numbers for Taiwan Receipt Lottery for Months 1 & 2, Year 2019 ordered by the last digit.

13440631       First Prize

09775722       First Prize        
  26650552       First Prize

264       Additional Sixth Prize

00106725       Special Prize

90819218       Grand Prize

809       Additional Sixth Prize       

I always write them this way, so I can quickly go through the
receipts. For example, looking at the above I can tell right away that
any receipt that doesn’t end with 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, or 9 isn’t a winner
(that is, any receipt ending with 3,6,7 and 0 can’t be a winner)

Just thought it might be useful.

Winning receipts may be redeemed starting April 6th. On that day, I’m going to test out the new procedure whereby they can be redeemed for cash at 7-11. I’m still not holding my breath that ARC holders will be able to do it (because the numbers don’t match the Taiwan ID format) but I’m hoping I’ll be proven wrong.

Currently, I just use the Fast Invoice Scanner
I think it’s faster than checking by myself and I can even check more than one period at a time, in case my invoices are mixed

2 Likes