Taiwan Receipt Lottery

Wait, really? I’ve always thought @Andrew was right here. The English version says that it’s just the final digits of the “first prize numbers” - and says nothing about the Special Prize or Grand Prize, implying for those two numbers, it’s all or nothing. Have I been wrong all these years?!

1 Like

Unfortunately not, the last 3 of the Special and Grand prize get you nada unless you have the first 5 to go with them. Last 3 of First Prize and, obviously, sixth prize are winners.

1 Like

Has this changed?

It’s certainly been this way for a few years. I half-recall a reduced number of prize-winning numbers, but that’s all that comes to mind for changes.

Believe it was always this way, I do remember getting turned away from the Post Office counter many years ago with my clutch of non-valid 3 number “winners”, rather embarrassing.

2 Likes

Ok thanks. Yeah I guess my winners are never the to ones

One of the reasons I thought it might have changed is this blog post about a receipt lottery app. In the screenshots (from 2.5 years ago) the last three digits of all prize numbers are written in red:

That isn’t the case in the current version of the app:

1 Like

That’s right, I’m sure it used to be. I’ve switched over to the receipt app so I don’t even check many these days

1 Like

#believe

Is that the one where you need to scan a code with your phone every time you pay for something? I vaguely remember signing up for some online thing for the receipts from Uber Eats but I’ve no idea where those get stored and how to access them. None of the apps I tried using in the past seemed especially convenient… :man_shrugging:

Yeah, when it was tax season the government was promoting one a few years ago. I got it and love it. The winning go straight into my bank. I will 200 almost every 2 months

Who’s getting rich? :happy_frog:

1 Like

This may or may not be me :shushing_face:

pimp

1 Like

It bothers me how many diamonds you could fit on a pimp stick…

Funny today, the very first receipt I checked was a winner, what are the odds!? :slight_smile:

(200元).

3 Likes

Pfft. Nothing for us this time. Or at least not yet. Every few months my wife digs up wallets and bags full of receipts she forgot to put in the pile, so maybe I’ll discover a winning number in a few months, and then realize it’s too late to claim anyway.

1 Like

I usually check them every 3 months or so and give any winning ones to my girlfriend to deal with when she gets the chance. She also does the same thing of finding stacks of them periodically.

Last time we won 3x200, of which she lost one and let another expire (despite several reminders). It’s like playing the game on the “hard” setting. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yeah, same thing has happened with us - now I just take care of them myself, even though my wife is more interested in the cash than I am.

I am however annoyed at my utter inability to remember that I CAN get reimbursed at a convenience store (for smaller amounts, anyway) and CANNOT (any longer) get reimbursed at the post office. At least twice now I’ve gone to a post office and been told, nope, and I’ve had the instant reaction of “Oh yeah, I knew that - why did I wait here?!” Those years when I couldn’t go to a convenience store (I think?), but did need to go to a bank, are proving difficult to get past.

1 Like

I didn’t know that! (Or maybe I forgot it)
When did that change? And what’s the reason?

It looks like they cancelled the service in favor of an online app?! Weird reasoning to me: “Oh, in a few years we may be able to provide this service online, although we’re not sure, but anyway, later!” Based on links below, I guess the post office stopped helping at the end of 2018, and convenience stores started providing cash (again? Didn’t they do this, long long ago?) at the start of 2019.

As others have said in other threads, yes, you can get cash for $200 at convenience stores (and I think $1000, but I haven’t won that in a while), but the efficiency at which this may be done varies widely from branch to branch.

2 Likes