Taiwan sewer system. Need answers

There must be a decent amount of spent cooking oil going down into those drains from the street vendors. Or maybe they all perfectly behaved law abiding citizens?

One neighbor has a sink in their kitchen with the pipe going through the wall and dumping the waste water behind their house. Sometimes you have to close the window on that side during summer because of the rotting food waste stank.

As an FYI for those that dont know. Almost every residential building has the shitter going to their lack lustre septic tank, and the rest of the grey water going directly to the ditch. This is standard nearly island wide. So the sewer smell complaints i dont doubt. As they are real. But many people may be smelling rotting food and “etc”, instead of human feces. They are distinct smells, but it must be accepted many a person cannot discern such delicate aromas and then lump them all into the “shit smell” category. Essentially these can be viewed as different degrees of offenses. Like everything else. But the septic tank failures and sewage system failures are very real, to be sure!

1 Like

Taiwan has a sewer system? News to me.

1 Like

You really notice the ‘aroma’ when gulping down air after a run I’ve found…

Taipei has a roughly 75% sewer connection rate. But IIRC the rest of the island is only 34%.

Can’t believe no ones made the septic tank joke yet. This place is going to the dogs…

I’m not going to be the one who cops the suspension for saying that all septic tanks smell like shit. Go on, you do it!

No way. I was two weeks in the slammer last time. These Muricans have no sense of femur.

No, that’s humerus

This guy experts.

I like it when the changes in air pressure from typhoons turn your toilet into a shit fountain.

Is that what happens over in Japan?

No, this place seems to account for things like that in planning and installation. I’m connected to a septic tank because i live in the countryside, anyway.

That was Taipei, FuXing and ZhongShan. So you’d think it was better. But the building was 30 years old, and it was just the once, so I’ll cut it some slack.

We had a shit fountain after using a couple of packets of the ‘wrong’ toilet paper once. The one that doesn’t have the symbol to indicate it is flushable. I ought never complain about the drain smell in Taiwan again after plumbing that mofo.

What brand is it?

Also if you’re flushing half a packet of paper into the toilet along with a load of shit, yea you’re going to have problems. Flush more often to stop that. Actually those toilet add ons that sprays your butt, it saves toilet paper.

The one that works is “wu yue hua”, blue packets, has the little icon and characters saying it will 散 in the toilet.

The one that blocked it didn’t have the icon and was in a yellow packet at PX Mart, was probably one of the cheapest, I actually have to check what the brand was.

Same behaviours with both brands, one blocked one didn’t.

I just don’t use them and clean myself with soap and water. Saves money on toilet paper too, and works better than paper.

At some point I would like to do that, I saw on youtube someone in China retrofitted a bidet type thing, didn’t look very difficult at all.

in the states I just did it in the bathtub.