Taiwan singer wants to divorce pregnant wife

The mistress is too (no pun intended) , he needs to zip it up. However, looking at that picture it might be hard (no pun intended).

1 Like

it’s more complicated than just face value. There’s history and other considerations including dowries, future losses, why doesn’t that mistress find her own husband, etc.

1 Like

zero sympathy for the wife.
she should have moved on, the guy is clearly a cretin. she thought that bringing a child into the relationship would fix the situation? shes just as bad as him.

2 Likes

He was on probation still as he had been incarcerated in the past for use.

Say all you want about draconian laws. Prejudice Yes. Problem is, they ain’t changing, people are being severely punished and yes, his career might be over unless he has a Big Mountain behind him. Pedigree, money and all that jazz. It is what it is.

1 Like

Yeah I hate to say it (no I don’t) but everyone involved in this shit is very obviously smooth-brained.

5 Likes

Actually I don’t think I voiced an opinion on the laws (maybe I did) rather I was just stating what I thought they were. As for my opinion I believe it should be a civil law issue not a criminal one. I’ve heard the original intention of these laws was to prevent blackmail rather than as a morality law and I can see how that would sometimes work. And Taiwan already has a morality law.

That provision is being challenged atm. We should know in a year or two.

1 Like

The law requires proof that the adulterers have had having sex. Either physical evidence, sound recordings, or text messages will do it.

1 Like

Seeing as the law allows the spouse being cheated on to extort the cheaters, I’d say that’s a pretty big fail. But apparently extortion is institutionalized in Taiwan criminal law.

3 Likes

Especially if it’s rap or reggae.

1 Like

yu tien 余天 李雅萍

That’s true it would. Good point

Civil issue regarding the Xiao San, yeah, agree. But expecting leeway regarding drugs… You would be going against 300 years of grudge.

1 Like

There must be some kind of precedent where the wife has to okay the mistress. I mean it’s apparent south Taiwan where sanheyuen are built to house a wife and the separate “aunties”.

I’ve met people and been to the homes that still live by that lifestyle today.

Xiaosan are extremely common all over Taiwan but a key unwritten, or maybe written, requirement is they don’t cause the wife to lose face. This particular xiaosan is a internet influencer so too much attention giving the wife bad face.

I go to dinners with influential or successful people that sometimes bring their wife and sometimes bring someone else. It’s all okay with all the other people in the room who may or may not also be wives and sometimes it’s also includes successful influential women bringing their partners.

And now of course these days it’s also “compensated dating”.

That’s true, and the Opium war certainly hardened any stance. He’s got the affair, the child and drugs. I’d say he is in deep. I guess he will have to do a groveling apology.

Cute guys very cute.

I’d like to strike this from the record - inaccurate and irrelevant

1 Like

Well, we’ve always been told that the reason that the laws here are so strict regarding drugs is because of that…

…never mind the Golden Triangle biz and other choice bits.

In general, drugs are not openly recreational anymore, except liquor and pinglan.

1 Like

Nothing to do with the “Opium Wars”’and everything to do with culture, society, government…or something like that who the hell knows. Not opium wars I don’t know much but I know that

Drug laws are generally strong everywhere except maybe South America and a couple other places.

Taiwan is not an exception.

Thanks!