Taiwan Stimulus Vouchers and Relief Packages Discussion

I almost want to take the fall legally by telling him to go fuck himself.

Half is better than none.

1 Like

That’s the suggestion Taiwanese give me whenever I lament about the latest glass ceiling/wall I run into.

Just get married! Yea sure buddy. Like they sell women at the store. :roll:

4 Likes

This is actually not a bad business idea for Taiwan!

Rent a wife™
Uber Wife
Wife Panda

6 Likes

Would be useful for getting mortgages. All I need is the 保證人

30 years at a thousand a month.

1 Like

How is this price structure?

Wife for hire
One time fee - 1000 NTD

1 week - 2000 NTD
1 month - 3000 NTD

Addon:
Choose wife from our database instead of random assignment +5000 NTD

But the bank wants the wife to co-sign for the debt. So it would not work.

4 Likes

With how much they were raving about the success of the stimulus last year and how great it was you’d think they’d want the foreigners to get the stimulus too, but I guess they don’t really want them to ‘stimulate’ Taiwan. APRC holders (not married to a Taiwan national) might get thrown a bone in the very last month or two of the spending window like last time if they have ‘leftover coupons’ (no clue why that matters when they can just do it digitally instead of a physical coupon).

Don’t forget to write to your home country politicians and ask for vaccines though.

5 Likes

That’s not fair. Taiwan already thanked “foreigners” for bailing them out with vaccines by doing the silly cute stickers and posters. Surely you don’t expect them to include resident foreigners in schemes like this as well

3 Likes

To be honest…I still really want those as patches or on a hat or something.

1 Like

That’s fine haha…but you’d still hope they’d bother to let foreigners stimulate their bloody economy as well.

wut

Guy

And not just a regular voucher, a jumbo sized one for the camera like they did for the few that were bestowed dual citizenship or the new ARC that is good for nothing

https://taiwantoday.tw/news.php?unit=10&post=191015

6 Likes

There are calls from all sorts of circles to forego the 1000nt payment, and looks like the government is letting up and just giving the voucher.

The spend a thousand first is just a lot of faffing around making work looking industrious. And yeah they’ve been talking about this like it’s some sort of economic miracle program.

2 Likes

Its always funny to me that people in the Taiwan government keep pointing out that US just deposited the money into people’s bank accounts, then go on to spend soooo much money printing these stupid coupons and making people line up in cramped spaces during a pandemic in order to get them. If you want to pay your friends at the paper factory with government money, there are less obvious ways to do so!

1 Like

I personally think that the vouchers are a good idea.
Cash would just vanish into peoples everyday spending or just sit in peoples banks with their savings. No mater how rich or poor you are if you are entitled you will get them, with cash the government will have no true way to monitor the impact on the economy.

With the vouchers you can set a time limit for people to use them,
you can see what extra money is spent along side the vouchers,
limit the items they are spent on (e.g. no tobacco),
give extra incentives to business that can be passed on the the consumer (double value for school supplies, or any industry that need the extra help).

I know people will get around any rules, that’s a different argument but in think most people will follow the rules.

These are stimulus vouchers to help keep the economy moving and should be views as such.
They are not there to support people in need, that should be handled differently.

6 Likes

They need to deal with night market and traditional market vendors. They are the most hurt and they are I’ll equipped to take vouchers. I hear there are plans to add an additional 1000 in 100 vouchers for these guys.

They wouldn’t be able to do this with cash.

There is an option to have the stimulus vouchers deposited into your credit card account.

There’s only one problem… Costco does not accept any electronic payment that isn’t from a Costco branded card, so if you want to use these vouchers at Costco you have no choice but to get paper coupons.

1 Like