Taiwan Taxes

Actually, I also didn’t notice that it was not required and yes, I did make one. And I used the first two letters of my given name, such as the example.

I don’t believe it! :happyrunningaround:

success

Thanks @Yang_Gui_Zi

1 Like

De nada! 恭喜恭喜你!

1 Like

I didn’t have to print anything (my tax situation is simple). Just sent it electronically, and I’ll get my refund deposited into my bank account. Easy peasy…well, after the fact.

I knew you were Spanish!!!

Do any of your employers require the piece of paper that you can ONLY acquire from tax bureau that proves that you’ve filed your taxes successfully? I don’t remember what it looks like or what the actual name is, but I know it’s blue.

All years I have filed, I have needed to go to the National Tax Bureau office south of Taipei Main to get it printed and handed to HR.

The only time I remember actually needing that blue piece of paper was when I was applying for my APRC. Haven’t had my HR department ask for it. I work in a Taiwanese company.

7 times already, 2 employers, no.

I guess it depends on type of company since my office is just a branch of the Asia HQ office in HK.

No complaints really, just curious if anyone else had to provide.

Con mucho gusto.

Oh, you get a refund. I gotta pay anyways… :sob:

HR here also asked me for it, but few minutes later said that I didn’t need to provide anything because I’m married to a local.
What is this paper about? And why would they need it?

Tax purposes? Hahaha

From what I remember, it has no tax refund or payment value printed on it. Just my basic information.

Anyone know if I need to make a tax return if I have no taxable income? And, do I need to have income to reapply my ARC, or perhaps a APRC down the line?

I am on JFRV visa.

I still have my folder here at the office with all my paperwork from the APRC application.

It’s called a “INDIVIDUAL INCOME TAX STATEMENT OF THE REPUBLIC OF CHINA” and it indeed does show consolidated gross income, net taxable income, and tax payable.

Other info listed is Taxpayer, ID No., Address, Period of income, and File No.

At the very bottom it states, “This is to certify that above taxes have been paid (self assessed by taxpayer) in accordance with Income Tax Act of the Republic of China.”

1 Like

I stand corrected!

This is also the document that US folks use to document Taiwan income and tax paid.

If your spouse is a resident, you can choose a joint tax report, as a dependant in your case. Iirc.

If you have a Residence visa for the purpose of joining family, you should apply for ARC within 15days from your entry. You don’t need your income.

:no_no:

I have a ARC already, I am just thinking if I will be asked to show any tax returns when I renew my ARC when it expires. Or, how about, you need to show some tax returns if you apply for a APRC ?