Taiwan then and now

In some ways happier. Speaking for myself higher highs and lower lows back then. Socially it was a better place where when you made friends you’d hang out in real-time with 'em. Folks were more open to making semi random connections.

1 Like

And proper cheese

1 Like

Good cheese , coffee and beer. Three things we would have died for back in the day . Found in every neighbourhood now

I really want to grab a lump of Edam cheese wave it around under that guy’s face and ask him , 'WTF do you think this is then '? :neutral_face::sunglasses:

It’s good but it’s an ‘everyday’ cheese.

It’s proper cheese. If I throw blue cheese at him will you be satisfied ? :joy:
You don’t need to tell me what is good cheese pffftttt my family used to make cheese !:sunglasses:

11 posts were split to a new topic: From Taiwan

JOb: Before it was easy to find work and now it was difficult to find new job.

1 Like

Maybe - but are you sure that’s not just because we were younger?

3 Likes

Cork sniffers :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

You wouldn’t tell an Eskimo what is proper snow would ya. :smile:

1 Like

In theory it shouldn’t be because the unemployment rate is quite low. Not saying the jobs will be great or anything.

3 Likes

how far back do you need to go for the old hookers around long shan temple to be just normal aged hookers?

Back to the Future : Taiwan Edition ?

I’ll tell you what Taiwan was like 30 years ago.

All scooters, no cars.
McDonalds only in Taipei.
Can’t flush TP…Oh wait.

2 Likes

just don’t go back too far. human meat for sale on the markets. headhunting the no.1 aboriginal pastime. bricks thrown at us barbarian foreigners. no MRT to speak of. yea its not too bad right now.

People used to spit at Mackay.
Yeah it could get rough out there.

Do we need to mention how a white guy couldn’t be out after sundown unless he wanted to get the shit beat right out of him by gangs of 6’6" Tibetans with steel pipes??

Isn’t it a unicorn already? do you know their current valuation?

This article is from 2 years ago and says it was valued at 800 million back.

You had ICRT? Looxoory. Well. had it in Kaohsiung but not in Taitung- for that matter,still don’t have it in Taitung.

1 Like

Didnt that paint have lead in it?!?

And this thread is full of awesome sauce. image