Taiwan to lift ractopamine restrictions

That was probably because all foreigners are American and 國外 is America.

That does not look good for me as Taiwanese girl. I asked my America friend about that she said her grandparents eat this so your different generation from me I guess. Anyways I do not want meat from USA with all the bad news about it.

I like this one:

when I was in the EU.

Also a good Southern USA cafe (arkansas) here in Kaoshuing has good pulled pork/ like carnitas. Maybe your food is not southern.

Most Americans do not eat organs at all.

I’m demonstrating that it’s safe.

And I have no idea what colcannon and Guinness are.

Guinnness, maybe like 广州珠江啤酒 from your area? Just a guess not sure what drink from there if do not know Guinness. Girls like me here, like fruit beer not so much dark stout. And Taiwan is not poor.

I’ve heard of Guinness beer and Guineas book of world records.

like 广州珠江啤酒 or not sure what dark ale there in China or any ale or beer that is good.

1 Like

Your take on this is so weird and you are so out of touch with general public thought in Taiwan. This is a deeply unpopular action and has been rushed through by the government.

166 countries in the world reject Ractopork. As in studies have been done and they found insufficient evidence to make long term assurances on safety. The US studies are the only ones that say otherwise

Most green entertainers and comedians are against this, so throws out the notion of being a kmt issue. It’s happened now and nobody will by the pork and eventually will stop selling it. Thats basically it. Taiwan held up its side of the bargain.

It’s happened now and everyone has moved on.

2 Likes

If everyone jumped off the bridge would you? You know how circular your statement is?

We won’t allow ractopork.
Hence we can’t study it.
Hence we don’t know if it’s safe.
Hence we won’t allow it…

Do you hear of any outbreaks in the United States from people eating it?

First of all that’s not the take I got from Brian. Seems like he presented both sides.

Second, who in the world cares what celebrities want? Do you trust Paris Hilton or Tsai on trade policy?

I agree, weirdo and strange views. He very much out of touch with what is going on here in Taiwan (or it seems no knowledge of life here). It very much seems he wants to promote his pork interests and kill off Taiwan’s, nothing at all good to say about Taiwan or what is going on here and promote American and Chinese meat companies interest.

1 Like

Just bizarre and completely detached from reality.

“Well we weren’t going to give a free trade deal to Taiwan, but now we see they are good little boys and eating all our scrummy pork we might think again”.

It doesn’t work like that. Nobody at AIT or in the government give a fuck if Taiwanese actually eat the pork, they just need to appease agricultural lobbies

1 Like

Great local Pork in Southern Taiwan. Tastes great for Taiwanese.

1 Like

Ha! I love that it’s katsu karee raisu: a Japanese concoction that brings together their idea of curry (borrowed and adapted from British ideas of Indian food), combined with tonkatsu (borrowed and adapted from German food), combined with rice and shredded cabbage (based on the idea that scarfing down loads of meat will be difficult to digest).

Internationalism at its finest! :grin:

Guy

3 Likes

Talk about food and a Taiwanese person will respond.

Yes I like local pork and not Ractopork. Maybe there in China you need import so it’s different but here we have good local pork.

No price hikes, no change in pork consumption from last year. Stop spreading rumors.

Yes, more money for local TAIWAN pork, not American meat, 90% of Pork is local. Here in Taiwan you see most eating places show where is the Pork from, most say Taiwan and few say from EU/Japan, I do not see anything from USA> There in China it must be different since you talk since you do not know what it is like here.

1 Like

One thing I noticed as well is that since the outrage with the pork, most supermarkets have reduced their US beef and highlighted especially that they have Australian beef. Really seems like people missed the big picture here

2 Likes

I don’t live in China I’ve never been there my whole life.

Did you find good carnitas here in Taiwan with no US ractopork. I too want carnitas or just good Chili verde (green Chile pork)

I’ll PM you.

I don’t want to further derail this thread!

Guy

1 Like