Taiwan to lift ractopamine restrictions

Maybe the Yanks are getting the message, as Taiwanese buy much less Yankee pork

1 Like

When where in Taiwan, younger people are not I see fat as many Western nations but maybe there in China is people are not as fat so you compare there and Taiwan.

Aside from the United States, no country has done more for Taiwan than Japan.

Apart from the 50 years when they colonized it

Saved Taiwan from Western imperialism, gave us baseball, good food, interior design, railroads, and highways, produced Taiwan’s best-educated generation to date

You keep posting anti Taiwan pork posts and other anti Taiwan things, I know you don’t know local market or live here but why keep being anti local food and people.

民曉早。

This is probably not going to happen, as much as the US would like to make Taiwan a partner. I have word from the Taiwan lobby that the U.S. side is still sore over Taiwan’s idiotic pork ban ten years ago.

Because we wont eat the shit pork?

Shortsighted and idiotic refusal to eat pork that’s already been tested and found to be safe, end up being shut out of an important trade framework because of it.

Which includes Japan and Korea

They’re stupid too although not as stupid because at least Korea already has a free trade agreement with the United States.

wE nEEd tO WaIT foR tHe SciEnce when it’s already been tested.

Ok , nobody in Taiwan cares

1 Like

Yeah that’s why it’s all over the news and Tsai gets asked about it all the time.

No she doesn’t. It’s in the news because people didn’t want the pork.

I’m sure if the US wanted a trade deal, pork wouldn’t stand in the way, and any way they already agreed to it

Agreed to what?

Sane countries don’t put their economic lifeblood on the line because of political stupidity.

Taiwan economy is fine

And the DPP agreed the shit pork anyway

Nobody really cares about the pork really. Only Europeans are all prissy about it. It’s imported by Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Japan and Korea as well.

Anyway I think America will announce a FTA or something with Taiwan soon.

1 Like