Taiwan Tourist Shuttle Bus Around Local Areas

Taiwan tourist shuttle buses pick up at many HSR and train stations and shuttle around the local tourist activities www.taiwantrip.com.tw

20180521_075545

1 Like

The only thing to be aware of is that (at least in the places where I used these buses) the signage leaves a lot to be desired, so it’s possible to wait for an hour (they are not frequent in some places) and then just about miss the bus because a) it doesn’t come in where the sign says and b) you have to purchase a ticket before boarding, and no one tells you where or how.

The routes are really convenient, though.

2 Likes

I agree with ironlady; you need to be on a pretty open schedule to use the tourist shuttle.

That being said, I personally recommend the Crown Northern Coast Line (皇冠北海岸線). It leaves right from Danshui (Tamsui) MRT station and travels Hwy 2 along the north coast, which is lovely.

Some of my favorite stops are:

• Baisha Bay (白沙灣), a large sandy beach.
  • Fugui Cape Lighthouse (富貴角燈塔), Japanese built lighthouse on the northernmost point of Taiwan island, with spectacular ocean views and nearby fish markets and cafes.
  • Yun Garden (筠園), aka Teresa Teng Memorial aka Jin Bao Shan (金寶山), a unique cemetery/art park combination (I love this place)
  • Yehliu Geopark (野柳地質公園), location of the famous Queen’s Head and other cool geologic formations.

The above stops will take at least an hour to enjoy, so they’re perfect for getting off the bus then catching a later one.

2 Likes

thanks for sharing