Taiwan trans influencer claims she is 'pregnant'

Thanks for the response. To me it wasn’t clear, hence my comment.
I’ve never met an influencer

I’m going to blame it on the oestrogen supplements she’s taking.

@tango42 in doubt, the best is to take her to see a doctor! Those pregnancy tests from pharmacy can be accurate but nothing better than see a doctor. Best of luck.

1 Like

All publicity is good publicity.

Maybe it should be in ‘Wack things in Taiwan’?

1 Like

Junior 2

1 Like

@tango42 looks like was false alarm, but keep going: Transsexual influencer apologizes over fake pregnancy | Taiwan News | 2021/03/14

1 Like

Despite the apology, the couple is now being investigated for possible violations of the Social Order Maintenance Act, according to the department. If found guilty of spreading rumors in a way that undermined public order and peace, they could either be subject to a three-day detention or fined up to NT$30,000 (US$1,063), the department said.

Interesting that posting BS is theoretically an offence in Taiwan. I didn’t know this. Anyone know if this law has been deployed before and for what purpose? It sounds rather Orwellian to me.

I think the offense was to imply that a hospital conducted illegal treatment to back up their lies.

An investigation was later launched by Kaohsiung’s Department of Health to determine whether any hospital, including the KMUH, had violated Taiwan’s Regulations on Human Trials by carrying out an illegal uterine transplant.

2 Likes

So … something akin to slander? Wasting public money going on a wild goose chase?

1 Like

Somehow in the discussion it was lost whatever magical product this person was peddling…there is always something they promote as influencers to go kachin.

Oh and you guys missed the video of her ex denying the child was his… rather emotional.

Gee it took the English language “news” a while to catch on this. And it missed the interesting details, as usual.

now wouldn’t it be wonderful and a magnificent +1 if that could be directed against all the crapola coming from “influencers” (sic)