Taiwan Urged to Ban Gestation Crates for Pigs

TAIWAN - Taiwan should do away with gestation crates for sows and adopt a more civilized means of intensive pig farming, an animal protection group said Wednesday.

Where to build farms…

I really like to eat meat. But man, after reading that, I believe I could become a vegetarian. I’m sure I would stop eating meat if I ever visited a slaughterhouse, so I guess ignorance is bliss for a meat-eater like myself. However, my conscience gets jabbed by articles like this.

Carrefour sells Australian purely grass feed/antibiotic free beef.

I’m the same. I gave up meat after watching slaughterhouse videos. I still eat eggs and cheese though which are pretty much the same thing. Can’t seem to manage the vegan diet, but I definitely can’t handle meat once I think and read about it.

2 Likes

After being in the pork industry here for some years i gave up eating anything pig related. 2 years after became vegetarian. Still eat meat hunted with a gun but never factoey meat. I think even if people dont care about the wellfare of others, they should be more educated about their own health and what they eat. Taiwan pork is some unhealthy shit, no joke. Next time your chewing a harder ball shaped object feom your prok chop just whisper the words “tumor” softly to yourself.

Fun fact, most factory pigs cant f*ck. The farmer literally lifts them up, sometimes even assisting insertion. I went once when pop was teaching brother in law the process of such act, i have never seen farmed meat the same since…

I felt this way until I got hungry.

Ya, a very real sensation. Especially when being very active working. But i realized there are other things to eat :wink: And if for some reason i HAD to have that particular food there are far more reasonable ways to acquire it, not even expensive.