Taiwan visa for a PRC spouse

Sat tv’s probably right. In many ways the ROC govts attitude on many basic human rights (the right to bring your wife with you when you come to live in Taiwan ,to me is a basic human right) are still barely 20th century let alone 21st century.

It has made huge strides in other areas but some pretty draconian attitudes still prevail.

Bollocks. Anything legal can be discussed on an open forum. In the OP’s case anyways NIA would not be the only department involved for his application to bring his PRC wife to Taiwan. Its the Mainland Affairs Commission. A German National with a PRC wife employed as a senior engineer on the High Speed Railways could never get permission for his PRC wife to live here, and thats with the backing of a large Japanese multinational company with billions of dollars in assets, so ow is our French friend going to have any so called “guanxi” in Taiwan. So full of it… some people are.

The OP wants to have his wife live here with him as a dependent on his ARC. I wish him well and hope it would be possible. No point trying to lead him up the garden path with the BS some people post. Just my humble opinion.[/quote]

Yes right, I want something 100% legal of course and a real resident permit, not something she has to go back to mainland every two months. If we can’t well… we’ll relocate in HK or Singapore… It would be a pity as I would love the idea to live in Taipei and my wife too :slight_smile:

I am visiting Taipei end-of this month to check with a lawyer who helped to create our Taiwan branch and will go to the NIA.

Will keep you posted :slight_smile:

[quote=“Bobarctor”]Yes right, I want something 100% legal of course and a real resident permit, not something she has to go back to mainland every two months. If we can’t well… we’ll relocate in HK or Singapore… It would be a pity as I would love the idea to live in Taipei and my wife too :slight_smile: I am visiting Taipei end-of this month to check with a lawyer who helped to create our Taiwan branch and will go to the NIA.

Will keep you posted :)[/quote]

You have the correct approach, but your Taiwan company staff could also do a bit of research before you get here. Don’t forget you will need also to contact the Mainland Affairs Commission as they are the ones who need to approve anything dealing with PRC nationals.

PRC citizens cannot stay here for 2 months in anycase they get only a very short time for visiting.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Bobarctor”]Yes right, I want something 100% legal of course and a real resident permit, not something she has to go back to mainland every two months. If we can’t well… we’ll relocate in HK or Singapore… It would be a pity as I would love the idea to live in Taipei and my wife too :slight_smile: I am visiting Taipei end-of this month to check with a lawyer who helped to create our Taiwan branch and will go to the NIA.

Will keep you posted :slight_smile:[/quote]

You have the correct approach, but your Taiwan company staff could also do a bit of research before you get here. Don’t forget you will need also to contact the Mainland Affairs Commission as they are the ones who need to approve anything dealing with PRC nationals.

PRC citizens cannot stay here for 2 months in anycase they get only a very short time for visiting.[/quote]

Mainland Affair commission, I’ll remember this one. Are they dealing with personal authorizations for mainland Chinese to come over ? Do they have a website or something ?

Our Taiwan staff can’t do anything: we are a small branch with only low level technical workers that surprisingly it was very easy to set-up ! I’ll meet a lawyer in Taipei on next week, we will see if we are eligible to have this branch to hire me first and progress on my wife visa later.

[quote=“Bobarctor”]Mainland Affair commission, I’ll remember this one. Are they dealing with personal authorizations for mainland Chinese to come over ? Do they have a website or something ?

Our Taiwan staff can’t do anything: we are a small branch with only low level technical workers that surprisingly it was very easy to set-up ! I’ll meet a lawyer in Taipei on next week, we will see if we are eligible to have this branch to hire me first and progress on my wife visa later.[/quote]

Mainland Affairs Council… not commission my error…

mac.gov.tw/welcome02/welcome02.htm

read this section its in English

mac.gov.tw/lp.asp?ctNode=594 … DSD=7&mp=3

On the quota of permanent residency of Mainland spouses in Taiwan. But this is for Taiwan nationals not expats. So as I said from previous friends who tried to bring over their mainland born spouses… they never got approval even if their spouse held a non PRC passport.

Good Luck, maybe things have changed. Please keep us posted.

mac.gov.tw/ct.asp?xItem=6445 … =5946&mp=3

Hello all,

Ok guys, just to let you know that it worked and it is long but pretty simple:

• I have applied for a work permit trough my company lawyer. This took a long time as we have a small branch in Taiwan. In order to get the permit, I had to take the General Manager position, other position would not be accepted as there is a minimum company capital and revenue to apply for standard positions. The drawback is that NHI is muuuuuch more expensive for GM positions (about 4 times more than normal employees) and compulsory: can’t instead take a foreign insurance for example. We discovered that recently and it was a surprise If somebody knows how to lower this or can confirm that NHI IS NOT compulsory and I might be able to take a foreign insurance, I am interested ! This whole stuff took about a month.
  • Once I got the work permit, I applied for the entry visa in Japan (don’t know why I had to do that, I did it in Japan as i was there at this time) anyway I then applied for the ARC once I entered Taiwan the next time and got it about 2 weeks later.
  • I notarized my marriage certificate in the place where we got married in Mainland and the notary office transferred this document to the “Strait Exchange Foundation”. The notary in China was well aware of the process and it was simple.
  • Once this document has been received in TW, the lawyer applied together with my ARC for my wife “Taiwan Entry Permit”. I had to sign a paper saying that I bear the whole responsibility for my wife. We got my wife permit about a week later.
  • My wife applied in her official residence place in China for a document to be able to take direct flights from Mainland to Taiwan. It is a kind of “exit” book. The only drawback is that she must apply for exit each times she comes back to mainland but the process is automatic and can be done on a machine by some relatives or you can send the permit to the “GongAnJu” and they apply for one more “exit” for 20 yuans.

We are leaving to Taipei on Monday, one way tickets trough Hong-Kong, a new life is starting :slight_smile:

PS: the company who helped us with that stuff was very good and affordable (especially when I see the fees we pay for such agents in Mainland). PM me if you want their contacts.

[quote=“Bobarctor”]We are leaving for Taipei on Monday, one way tickets through Hong-Kong, a new life is starting :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Wow! That took 8 months from the first time you posted! :astonished:
Anyway, it worked. Welcome to Taiwan! :bravo:

[quote=“Northcoast Surfer”][quote=“Bobarctor”]We are leaving for Taipei on Monday, one way tickets through Hong-Kong, a new life is starting :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Wow! That took 8 months from the first time you posted! :astonished:
Anyway, it worked. Welcome to Taiwan! :bravo:[/quote]

Normal timing for a big company :slight_smile:
We started the admin process in Taiwan mid/end October.

I just heard also that my wife can invite her parents to visit her in Taiwan, another nice thing.

Looking forward to all this new life, sadly those days in Beijing are also very nice (sunny, cold and dry weather, many nice concerts and parties around…). Sad to leave as well a city I spent 5 years of my life…

Excellent ! Nice to hear good things are possible . Where Taiwan could actually be even worse then China is in RED TAPE , a relic of an ancient Chinese empire.

[quote=“Bobarctor”]We are leaving to Taipei on Monday, one way tickets trough Hong-Kong, a new life is starting :slight_smile:

PS: the company who helped us with that stuff was very good and affordable (especially when I see the fees we pay for such agents in Mainland). PM me if you want their contacts.[/quote]

Great news and welcome to my island. I am sure you wife will also like being here. You can post the details of the company who helped you as the site is for sharing information.

[quote=“Satellite TV”][quote=“Bobarctor”]We are leaving to Taipei on Monday, one way tickets trough Hong-Kong, a new life is starting :slight_smile:

PS: the company who helped us with that stuff was very good and affordable (especially when I see the fees we pay for such agents in Mainland). PM me if you want their contacts.[/quote]

Great news and welcome to my island. I am sure you wife will also like being here. You can post the details of the company who helped you as the site is for sharing information.[/quote]

Thanks a lot.

For your information, we went to the NIA this morning because my wife wanted to check if it is possible for her to invite her parents some times after we are all set here. The very nice volunteer lady told us that my wife visa was a kind of new stuff, actually different from the visa PRC spouses of Taiwanese citizen gets. She said that NIA hasn’t think about a procedure yet for the relatives of this kind of visa holders but advice to write an explanation letter along with a visitor permit form. Funny :slight_smile:

The drawback is that they mention that my wife would not be able to work here, even if a company kind of sponsor her to get a working visa or something like this. We will dig that out anyway :slight_smile: