Taiwan vs. Tanzania

Taiwan is SOOOO much nicer than Tanzania.

I’d have to agree.

:laughing: Well, maybe some places in Tanzania…

but Zanzibar is far nicer than Taiwan! :slight_smile:

Did you know they still make you pay an inward tax, and an exit tax, and you have to get your passport stamped on entry/exit from Tanzania into Zanzibar? They try really hard to distance themselves from their mainland brethren.

I really loved Zanzibar. Food was a little dodgy in places, and actually living there for any length of time would be hard, but a beautiful island. Tanganyika, on the other hand, was mostly a hole, and that’s the part of Tanzania that Taiwan is much better than, apart from the national parks. Not too many million-strong herds of animals here apart from the MRT.

Taiwan is nicer than many places, and not as nice as many other places. depends which bits you look at, and which are important to you. A lot like women, really.

Are those two Taiwanese chickies swimming in Tanzania?

[quote=“urodacus”]Did you know they still make you pay an inward tax, and an exit tax, and you have to get your passport stamped on entry/exit from Tanzania into Zanzibar? They try really hard to distance themselves from their mainland brethren.

I really loved Zanzibar. Food was a little dodgy in places, and actually living there for any length of time would be hard, but a beautiful island. Tanganyika, on the other hand, was mostly a hole, and that’s the part of Tanzania that Taiwan is much better than, apart from the national parks. Not too many million-strong herds of animals here apart from the MRT.

Taiwan is nicer than many places, and not as nice as many other places. depends which bits you look at, and which are important to you. A lot like women, really.[/quote]
Gee, Urodacus, you must be quite old to have visited Tanganyika.

well, that’s the mainland for you. Tanzania is a new name from jamming Zanzibar into Tanganyika. And anyway, there’s always the lake with the same name.

I was first there in 1964.

Literally.

I was conceived there.

I was conceived in Zambia in 1964. We should have hung out!

My husband and I were in Zanzibar in 1997 and we are planning on going back over the next year or so. In fact, it was our first holiday together, a few months after we got involved with each other. We also did the Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater, etc. too…amazing places. I’ve heard that Zanzibar has changed a lot in the past decade, and is much more developed now. Wonder if that has detracted from some of its charm…

Anyway, off topic, sorry… :bow:

Bit further south in my case. Transvaal, 1968.