Taiwan vs. the Rest of Asia for Living and Life in General

I think Bis meant YONG KANG, which I believe is in the Tainan area?

[quote=“GuyInTaiwan”]pg: I can’t agree with your assessment of other Asian countries in comparison to Taiwan, especially Malaysia. Taiwan is not perfect, and I certainly don’t think we should just shut up and accept the bad things. However, most other Asian nations actually are shitholes. They’re shitholes of their own making too. They’re places where the vast majority of people, both local and foreign, can’t earn nearly as much or live nearly as well as in Taiwan. Malaysia is hardly a model of racial harmony. It’s increasingly a case of Malaysia for the (Muslim) Malays. Why do you think there are so many Chinese Malaysians living in places like Australia with absolutely no desire to return to Malaysia other than on vacations to visit their relatives? I knew tons of Chinese Malaysians in Australia who said exactly this. I’ve also met Westerners who lived and worked in Malaysia and said it was essentially fucked.

My travels throughout Southeast Asia have given me absolutely no desire to ever live in Southeast Asia. Taiwan has its issues, but it’s leagues in front of any of the nations of Southeast Asia (with the exception of Singapore, though I haven’t been there). All of the stats bear this out also.[/quote]

Yes, and many Chinese Malaysians come to Taiwan to study as well.

[quote=“dashgalaxy86”][quote=“pgdaddy1”]

You sound like you’ve had a few too many bottles of Taiwan Pijiu, Bismarck ? But thanks for the nice comments anyhoo. I hope I can help some of you guys one day. I thought you were living in Tainan ? Unfortunately I can’t meet you in Yonghe though, because I can’t even enter Taiwan at the moment without being arrested and marched off to court, and up to three years in prison. But thanks for the invite anyway.[/quote]
Sounds like I’m missing something… Say what now? Arrested?[/quote]

Yep. For the heinous crime of going into my ex’s e-mail, which I did for a very good reason too. Anyway, I don’t want to give the mods even more work, so if you really are interested then take a look in the Parenting and Legal sections, or PM me.