Taiwan Wildlife subforum

Deep fried chicken, not sure I’ve ever tried it :slight_smile:

1 Like

SEE! You guys are all talking about biology now. Either in meat science, taste bud science or psychological irrationity about balls and ocean bugs. But its all general biology/nature.

Though i think you guys got it all wrong about the 3 cups dish issues. First problem is squid storage. Then squid temperature and duration of cooking. Followed by obviously the wrong variety of basil which so many shops tend to F up.

Chicken is yummy. Its like MSG or sugar. We all like to taste it, but it wrecks havov on our body. 3 cups: 1 cup hormones and antibiotics, 1 cup pesticides/herbacides, 1 cup msg laced thick salt sauce. San bei, gun bei!

I want a Wildlife sub!!!

May I inquire what is my thread about mould doing in wildlife? I mean, if we were talking about my kutchen, which harbors a variety of wildlife, maybe. But mould?!

2 Likes

I and other people have been going through threads and adding a “wildlife” tag to suitable ones. But I agree with you that vermin/home type situations aren’t the best candidates for it, and will go over everything once we’re done

Maybe we should look at some pictures before changing any tag.

What kind of pictures?

Her fungi?

vermin are pets if in home?

You want fungi? You couldn’t handle the fungi…
DSCF1412

1 Like

No, but it’s Pets and Animals after all. They wouldn’t generally be considered as “wildlife” is more my point

Hold on, I’m getting confused… @Icon has fungi but also vermin?

I think those creatures could belong to wildlife.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mosquito+wildlife&prmd=inmv&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiHxqX92_7hAhVcyosBHWRzAxYQ_AUoAXoECA4QAQ&biw=602&bih=964

It depends in my view. If we’re talking about clouds of mosquitoes on the arctic tundra, for example, yes. If we’re talking about the little ^@#!^ that was tormenting me last night, no.

Not to be a dink, and say i told you so (:)) but mold is biology. Hence the suggestion for making the forum open to biological style talk which would encompass a broader spectrum and allow more meaningful thought into these kinds of things, such as mold and other kitchen flora, or mycoflora as it were.

Thats the point made earlier that “wildlife” doesnt allow fungi or plants etc. As is, Pets and other animals. Wild life actualy falls within the category of other animals, so the effort is good but the vocabulary seems “off” as wildlife further restricts other animals into wild ones, whereas another term could broaden the whole thing to allow for more environmental, ecological, health (realize there is a health forum already), garden, food (not so much restaraunt focused but actual food related which is a huge issue in taiwan), pathogwns and anniyances like the molds…or rashes, allergies etc etc.

Mold as wildlife just duddnt work…specially for a site with such a large base of ESL proffesionals. I do see the irony of my saying that and my lack of editing typos and cell phone laziness. Theres a grammar nazi in the best of us, deep down.

Iiuc, @tempogain suggests science tag for threads that cannot belong to wildlife. Narrow wildlife, or much broader science. Or, I think you can make a biology tag.

Not quite–science tags for science threads!

What I’m envisioning is a difference between “biology of mold” talk and “how do I kill this mold in my kitchen” talk.

Killing mold is precisely a biological matter though, no? Doesnt have to be super in depth discussion, but its all biology. Maybe its the word biology thats steering people away? What about environment? Though its even broader including weather and such. Just cause its biology doesnt mean people need to sound like a biologist. How do i kill mosquitoes is biology talk. Something keeps shatting on my window is biology talk :slight_smile:

I think i get the tags. But im still bot sure which forum to put killing kitchen mold into. Or chinese medicine identification. Gardening stuff. Food safety. Etc.

Guys, I have a pic of a nice lizard I´d like to share. There are like 6 lizard related threads, all in Pets forum. How do I suggest to have them moved to wildlife?

that is what I thought. There may be not a simple way to categorizing threads, though. Killing mold could be a chemical matter, and killing a mosquito could be a philosophical conversation.

1 Like