Taiwan wont be the same again with the Chinese out and about

i was waiting on the platform around 9pm for the subway to come. then out of nowhere this guy walks up to the edge of the platform, pulls out his schlog and starts taking a whiz with all these people around him. i was shocked but nobody even really paid him any attention! can you believe?

oh and this was in nyc. and i think he was irish. had the freckles and goofy red hair but i dont think he was drunk otherwise he would’ve fallen over the edge and gotten smushed.

[quote=“thyrdrail”]I was waiting on the platform around 9pm for the subway to come. then out of nowhere this guy walks up to the edge of the platform, pulls out his schlog and starts taking a whiz with all these people around him. I was shocked but nobody even really paid him any attention! can you believe?

oh and this was in NYC. and I think he was irish. had the freckles and goofy red hair but I don’t think he was drunk otherwise he would’ve fallen over the edge and gotten smushed.[/quote]

Gosh , if he had pee-ed on the electric third rail??? Zappo, slong gone

Coming to the point that they have NO pride at all … either side of the Strait … oh, they can be nationalistic, but have no pride …

[quote=“bob_honest”][quote=“Homey”]
4000 years of culture is not erased by crossing the water.[/quote]

4000? You don’t understand Taiwanese culture. My wife says we have 5000.
And she didn’t even update it in the last 4 years I am here…
:smiley:[/quote]

As has been posted before … the same first 100 years, over and over again … about 50 times … +4 years … :bow:

[quote=“Ah Q”]…

Now, the slit pants on little children who are taken outside by their parents to pee on the streets, that is a disturbing aspect of the Chinese that I’m not a big fan of, either. But it’s a very different thing from adults intentionally shitting on the streets, fully aware of what they’re doing. I don’t recognise that at all.[/quote]

Do you think they would mind doing it in public? They’ve been shitting, sitting on beam in the middle of town square for ages, neatly lined up talking about daily affairs … you really think they would mind taking off their pants in public and shitting in the middle of town square now …? :bow:

Well, it does exist, Don’t daluren need to be in Taiwan for 14 years before they are allowed the even the most basic state-sector job.

As for the “Ni shi Waiguoren”, I’ve heard Chinese use it for English people in England, and even one girl who refered too all non Chinese as foreigners in English, in England. :doh:

Well, I guess we should count our blessings that they don’t use ‘Alien’ to descibe us.

[quote=“AlexBlackman”][quote=“pg171”]
The strange thing was, several members of the air crew (China Airlines) treated her very badly, when she asked for a special meal and wanted to use RMB to buy Duty Free. I am not sure if I was imagining it because the cabin crew seemed very rushed, but it seems like they were really putting her down. So an example of Taiwanese racism against mainlanders ?
[/quote]
Well, it does exist, Don’t daluren need to be in Taiwan for 14 years before they are allowed the even the most basic state-sector job.

As for the “Ni shi Waiguoren”, I’ve heard Chinese use it for English people in England, and even one girl who refered too all non Chinese as foreigners in English, in England. :doh:

Well, I guess we should count our blessings that they don’t use ‘Alien’ to descibe us.[/quote]

Well, there is the alien detention centre in Sanxia, and no it’s not Taiwan’s area 51.

Maybe things have changed since the MRT has been built in Kaohsiung, but a bunch of cabbies used to have their little corner not far from where I lived and where I had to walk by each morning and evening to and from the bus stop. They were right outside a McDonalds, maybe a block down, but always just peed against the crumbeling remains of an old wall. All of them. I’ve seen human shit lieing around in public places, and seen parents helping their kids to shit outside. I knew one American teacher who got drunk and pissed all over the gods at a local temple. His boss was, of course, livid, and had to pay a big fine to the temple. All that in Kaohsiung. In Taipei the worst I saw was grown men peeing in public.

I lived in S. Korea for a while before I moved to Taiwan and they don’t even put pants on the kids there. Many times, even in resturants and public vacation spots, you see kids with nothing more on than a t-shirt. I asked my friend why this was and she said it’s easier for the kids to go pee or poo–yes, outside in public–if they don’t wear pants. So I asked why bother with the shirt then? My friend looked at me like I was nutts and said, “Because that would just be rude!”

I’m sure the only adult Taiwanese people who shit out side are homeless and what are you going to say? You want to walk around and pretend they don’t exist–okay. But people might be invisable–shit never is. And whether you’re invisable or not, when you gotta go, you gotta go.