Taiwanese-American guy dating a local TW girl

Quiet honesty is always better than the noisy variety.

3 Likes

If you are in charge it would be go to the bank/telco and do xyz no later than tomorrow

Let’s not be too quick to bash the OP. I highly believe that moving around the world for love can be a very rewarding experience. The question is… Is the OP’s relationship ready for such a move?

To help the OP in answering this question, I’d like to ask… How deep are the topics you discuss? I know that you talk a lot. But what do you talk about? My girlfriend (now wife) hit deep conversation almost instantly, which is one of the reasons why I was willing to give up everything to be near her.

Here are the levels of relationship:

Level 1: Hey I just met you, and this is crazy…

This is the conversation that is easy and you’ve made this type of conversation with many different girlfriends in the past (reading your previous posts, I’m assuming that you’ve had previous girlfriends… but because you broke up with them, you probably didn’t reach level 4). This includes flirting, silly text messages, and admiring body parts. You’re not exposing anything that would cause you to lose a sense of self should the relationship go awry.

Level 2: I value your input

The fact that you’ve asked her opinion on you moving across the world indicates that you’re at this level with her. But is she on this level with you? Has she asked for your input on a new degree program she’s considering, a spat she had with a friend, or on dying her hair?

Level 3: I’m letting you see my flaws

At this level, you begin to be vulnerable with one another. You tell each other the secrets you thought you would keep to the grave. Do you have a secret vice? A past memory you’re ashamed of? What is the greatest regret of your life? What was your greatest failure? At level 3, such conversation becomes natural … and you’re surprised at how easy it is to share these things.

At this level, you also get a feeling of her moral compass. Does she believe 天高皇帝遠? Or does she regret getting too much change at the register? Is there a God? Is God forgiving or vengeful?

Level 4: You can’t see a future without her in it

If you think about the possibility of going back to grad school, do you ask her before you ask anyone else? If you were to break up with her, would you lose more of yourself than you’d risk by moving to be with her? Before she considers a promotion at her job, does she first ask how this would impact her relationship with you, and decline the promotion if it would negatively impact your relationship?

Make sure that you not just evaluate your level of commitment toward her, but her level of commitment toward you. If you’re both on a level 4 relationship with each other, then and only then think about moving across the world to be with her.

If you’re not sure what level you’re at, test the waters. To test level 3, share a deep dark secret and see if she shares in response. To test level 4, ask to talk to her parents. That means she can’t bring another guy home next week, so she has to open herself up to that vulnerability.

My girlfriend (now wife) thought this all out together before I decided to move continents to be with her and it worked out for us. So, you might want to talk together about what level of relationship you’re at. But make sure it’s more than talk. It’s easy to say something. If she says she’d be willing to do something but doesn’t do it, you’re not at that level yet.

1 Like

I believe it’s real, the OP doesn’t have much experience with women I guess and a bit depressed , maybe struggling to fit in at work local society or whatever , so he projects on her. Hey we are all young once.

Edit : last post looks like a controversy inducing post…Not sure if real

2 Likes

I am looking forward to start a relationship with a self-proclaimed “Taipei City girl,” who was born and raised in the capital. What should I expect from her differently versus other girls from other counties and cities? She likes to say “Taipei City” specifically, as opposed to just “Taipei.” She also made sure that I was likewise from Taipei City.

I am looking forward to start a relationship with a self-proclaimed “Taipei City girl,” who was born and raised in the capital. What should I expect from her differently versus other girls from other counties and cities? She likes to say “Taipei City” specifically, as opposed to just “Taipei.” She also made sure that I was likewise from Taipei City.

As opposed to Taipei Country? I don’t know, she sounds like a bit of a snob to me…

And I guess you failed this one, as you’re not from Taipei City, right?

2 Likes

Ok your first trolling attempt was much better. This one is too obvious. Back to the drawing board!

3 Likes

whatever you want to expect.

I am not trolling. I am honestly looking for some answers. Please share your Taipei City girl stereotypes. I agree: it was a bit snobbish of her.

Have you tried asking these questions on PTT yet?

1 Like

They don’t make legs like they used to. Why back in the day a pair of legs would be good for marching and trekking across the wilderness. Nowadays, naahhh

nowadays we need booty selfies. its the booty age right now!

only problem is any girl with a half decent booty here probably has 100,000 instagram followers and wont give 2 shits about me.

1 Like

:cry: Taiwan is a barren booty wasteland

1 Like

Those are called “belfies.” Please use the proper term.

Most local guys actually prefer those flat asses.

Pushing it a bit now…Reality index dropped a lot…

2 Likes

Yeah then why tempogain needs to start moving my every post if it’s real? It’s probably ghis split personality kicking in again…

Or even better how to keep a handfull off people busy with nothing. So I can make this site look relevant? Which it already wasn’t 5 years ago. Get over it…

times are changing. goin to gym to take some selfies is getting mad popular.

half true