Taiwanese and Berets

WTF is so hard about wearing a beret? I see “security guards” standing outside of department stores all dressed up in para-military gear like they’re part of a South American coup d’etat but they look like idiots! They stick their berets on and pull them down so they look like they’re wearing socks on their heads. And they think they look cool? Menacing? Professional?

I swear…everytime I see’em I think “Morons!”

And Americans with berets:

(But I’ll let him off, because he’s quite a cool guy).

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]WTF is so hard about wearing a beret? I see “security guards” standing outside of department stores all dressed up in para-military gear like they’re part of a South American coup d’etat but they look like idiots! They stick their berets on and pull them down so they look like they’re wearing socks on their heads. And they think they look cool? Menacing? Professional?

I swear…everytime I see’em I think “Morons!”[/quote]

Yeah! Those are the parking lot commandos at Breeze! My kid and I snicker every time we see those fearsome fellows… :unamused:

In my opinion, you get a lot of these kinds of people (who like to glorify their menial position) in societies that have transformed from authoritarian to relatively open ones in quite a short period of time…I remember having to deal with the Breakfast Director at the Charles University Dorms in Prague…He had the demeanor of a Stazi agent. When I arrived late and barefoot for breakfast one morning, I thought I was going to be stoned to death.

Well, I think even wesern countries are guilty of silly security guard uniforms.

take this one from the UK for example who is trying his best to look like an airline pilot:

And this knob, also looking quite stupid. What’s with the silly hat, the ridiculous lanyard and stupid eppaulettes?

And this one from the US, with guess what? A beret!!

Hey, at least they’re not wearing a stupid-looking tit-like thing on their head. :stuck_out_tongue:

ER…

(…O.K, I have no comeback (except for the subtle joke there)).

Guys…I’m talking about the [i]way[/i] they wear their berets. :unamused:

Berets can look very good…but Taiwanese don’t seem to have a clue as to how to wear them properly.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]WTF is so hard about wearing a beret? I see “security guards” standing outside of department stores all dressed up in para-military gear like they’re part of a South American coup d’etat but they look like idiots! They stick their berets on and pull them down so they look like they’re wearing socks on their heads. And they think they look cool? Menacing? Professional?

I swear…everytime I see’em I think “Morons!”[/quote]

Every time I see them I think, [color=red]AIRBORNE[/color]

:slight_smile:

Oh, sorry CS.

But I still think unless you have enlisted, you shouldn’t wear one. Security guards shouldn’t wear berets. It’s just silly.

I don’t know which is worse in Taiwan; the guys who try to look like paramilitaries or the guys that try to look as near as possible to cops.

[quote=“Comrade Stalin”]Guys…I’m talking about the [i]way[/i] they wear their berets. :unamused:

Berets can look very good…but Taiwanese don’t seem to have a clue as to how to wear them properly.[/quote]What is your opinion of this chap’s taste in berets wear ?

[quote=“Big Fluffy Matthew”][quote=“Comrade Stalin”]Guys…I’m talking about the [i]way[/i] they wear their berets. :unamused:

Berets can look very good…but Taiwanese don’t seem to have a clue as to how to wear them properly.[/quote]What is your opinion of this chap’s taste in berets wear ?
[/quote]

Not bad actually…he looks a hell of alot more commanding than the morons running around here with cherry-red socks on their heads.

I know what he is talking about. I have seen it too. A beret should kind of sit on top of the head. Some people pull them down too far and it looks REALLY weird.

Like this? :laughing:

Taken from mediabistro.com

Oh, so not like this?

I think of Benny Hill when I see it.

Evening sahr!

HG

What about raspberry berets? You know, the kind you find in a second-hand store.

Shaddup an’ play yer bongos, man. Dig?

HG, thanks for bringing back such happy memories of those 70’s Benny Hill classics. I might have been young at the time, but Benny was responsible for my early love of ladies in bikinis, God rest his soul! :notworthy:

But weren’t you utterly crushed the first time you got close to a real one and she didn’t run around all herky-jerky like on the TV? I know I was. Benny Hill STOLE MY INNOCENCE!

Too true Sandman, too true! :bravo: If only women always behaved like that, the world would be a safer place. I often stand in the queue for a bus here and hope, no dream, that the Benny Hill theme tune would come on and the women would suddenly lose all their clothes and start chasing me! Still, we can still dream! :sunglasses: