Taiwanese are so obsessed

Laws enforced… why do these words seem so difficult to combine, except for furreiners?

I remember once in Luxembourg, at 4pm, the police came knocking at a friends door because we where doing a bit too much of noise… we explained them - “We are moving, so assembling everything does make a bit noise…”. Still, they said that if they would get another complain, they would fine him for 150€…

I wonder if I can call the police cause my neighbor who drives a black Safiro does snore like a Trent 900 on takeoff…

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]… with fireworks … I guess that there must be a lot of bad spirits roaming Taiwan as people here ignite fireworks day and night any time, they don’t care that normal people in a normal country try to get some healthy bed rest now and than … or is it just selfishness, ignorance and lack of respect, common sense that makes them do what they do …

In the Netherlands I saw on TV, police will give you a fine of about 3,000NT$ when they catch you setting off fireworks outside the allowed hours on New Years eve, from 12:00PM to 2:00AM … Mostly to prevent people getting hurt and noise pollution …

It’s about time that laws are being enforced here …[/quote]
I’m definetely agree with you. How come they don’t think that the neighbours trying to get a rest. The rules in netherland is very very good…But, I think it’ll be more and more noise if you’re in mainland china…

[quote=“mr_boogie”]
I wonder if I can call the police cause my neighbor who drives a black Safiro does snore like a Trent 900 on takeoff…[/quote]

LOL…my dad snores like that too…but his sounds more like a whale…

They sleep everywhere too. If we could figure out a way to get people to eat, sleep, AND still force them to do more work, we would be instant millionaires.

It reminds me of the day I saw a little kid steering while on the shoulders of the family dog as dad was grilling on the hibachi and mom was using chopsticks to feed all three of the at the same time that she was breastfeeding the baby while in the rain going 40kph.

Geeze…I hope one of them had a helmet on for safety reasons.

Strangest place I’ve ever seen someone eating here? Well, I didn’t quite see it, but once at my former language school, the rubbish bin in the toilet stall contained a just-finished bowl of instant noodles. Eugh…

Now, how is it friggin’ possible that some idiots are still setting of fireworks three days after lantern festival … why doesn’t the police enforce their duties …

They are just celebreting that the noise is over and everything is peacefull again now…

The eating everywhere thing, I’ve always enjoyed (observing) that part of the culture and I think it’s harmless.

But the sleeping everywhere thing, although I wish I could do it myself, I think actually should be a cause for alarm. Especially with kids. Taiwanese seem to be chronically sleep deprived, unfortunately.

This guy, I can’t tell if he’s selling the food or eating it:

This was 11PM, on ShiDa road. Nothing you haven’t seen tons of times in Taipei. Poor baby.

I can’t remember exactly how it happened, but her father came out of the store at one point and turned her around.

Perhaps thats why Americans are all getting fat. They are not eating enough. Witness TAiwanese who eat all day long and yet? Slim as chopsticks?

I think that I can shed some light on the noodles pot by the toilet in the bin…some Taiwanese, I’ve met, don’t like uneaten food going off in the bin or watery food dripping through bag and therefore flush the unwanted food down the toilet. Could this have happened? Otherwise I think that’s why the girls are so thin. I’ll have to start eating by the loo I reckon I could drop at least 10lb a week!! I mean how off putting! I could market it as the loosing weight diet!! Hee hee

Why the hell are they still setting off fireworks … and why the f*** doesn’t the police fine them, according to the law … :fume:

It’s friggin’ 1 month after CNY and some bloody idiots are still setting off fireworks … go figure doing that in a western country … you end up paying a fine or going to jail …

[quote=“Belgian Pie”]It’s friggin’ 1 month after CNY and some bloody idiots are still setting off fireworks … go figure doing that [color=red]
in
a western country[/color] … you end up paying a fine or going to jail …[/quote]

I think that’s the point here. This isn’t. Bit pointless travelling half the globe to experience the exact same thing you did at home.
I, for one, would have been sorely disappointed had I quit my job back home, travelled all the way over here and found…the exact same thing I left behind. A western country… :loco: Besides being somewhat pointless, it would have been a colossal waste of time, money and energy.

Culture differences are interesting and I like it … but at some point these cultural differences can become annoying, and nobody is going to let me believe that even Taiwanese wouldn’t be annoyed by them …

Anyhow, this excess of fireworks can hardly be called a cultural thing … until several years ago it was limited to about two weeks now it’s two months … not at all culture …

Yeah, but some of them are just kids. The last few I’ve seen were just young teenage boys, having fun setting off a few. I did that when I was their age, so I can’t really be too harsh on them. :laughing: