Taiwanese Citizenship and Renunciation

Thanks for the translation work!

1 Like

23 country code is Peru, 24 is Honduras and 25 is Brazil.

2 Likes

Got it. Thanks for clearing that up

The lady from HRO sent me an email inviting me to go talk about ā€œHonduras Multiculturalismā€ over the weekend. Apparently it is an invitation from the Dept of Civil Affairs from Taipei Government.

They said either talk or DIY session of 2 hoursā€¦ I honestly donā€™t want to bother with it.

2 Likes

Do it for the guanxi. Good to have friends in government, especially when you are trying to naturalize.

8 Likes

This is what I was just thinking butā€¦ the timing of this request is so sneaky that I donā€™t think I can refuse lol.

I asked them to give me a better idea of what they want so I can start preparing. Time to take the dust off old Uni PPTs I did before lol (that is how I passed Chinese History class hehe).

3 Likes

Do a baleada and horchata demo.

Talk about common foods, traditions. Similar parades, tamales, etc.

Do a punta demo and dance class :smiling_imp:

No se complique la vida. Keep it simple. No economic charts, no complex history lessons. Keep it fun and light. Culture is everyday life. Think about the things you love about your country and that you would like to share.

Honduras has the garĆ­funa people, the city residents, small town folk. It has a large portion of immigrants, from Europe to the Middle East. There is your multiculturalism.

5 Likes

Great idea, I might have them make themselves some baleadas and call it a DIY session haha.

If I ever lose my nationality, this might be the reason why. I canā€™t dance punta, tengo dos pies izquierdos!

2 Likes

I get what you mean, but Iā€™ve found that they love seeing stats comparing to Taiwan. I will still throw in some population density and land mass stats.

2 Likes

Alright guys, I am officially a Taiwan national. Household registration office is sending my docs to NIA and told me they will call me next week to pick up my TARC at HRO.

15 Likes

Congrats! Same here, hopefully Iā€™ll be collecting my TARC at HRO next week.

8 Likes

Congrats to you too, we should go to the embassy together to pick up that letter and grab a beerā€¦ I mean coffee.

5 Likes

sounds good. lets arrange a time to meet up then once we got our TARCs.

1 Like

My TARC has finally arrived and the lady at HHRO asked me to come pick up at earliest convenience. She also shared a screenshot of the card and I found out the ID No. is completely different from my previous APRC.

5 Likes

This was expected, even if you updated your APRC you would have gotten a completely different number. New ID to screw all foreigners!

2 Likes

I know right, they are really not making things easy for usā€¦

1 Like

For those who might be interested, if you applied for voluntary naturalization you still need your open work permit with TARC but you donā€™t need a new one as long as the passport number remains the same.

I just picked up my TARC today and they called to verify this.

5 Likes

this must be useful information for some people on this forum.
I remember someone asked on this and I was not sure about it.

Just for clarification, if you renounce your original nationality and become a single nationality TARC holder, you donā€™t need a work permit, iiuc.

3 Likes

That is correct, I am still keeping my original nationality so I still need to use the open work permit.

2 Likes

If you apply for naturalization as a spouse of a ROC national you donā€™t need a work permit either.

2 Likes