`Taiwanese' constitution by the TPA

Do you support the new constitution as proposed by the Taiwan Professors Association

• Yes
  • No
  • Undecided

0 voters

[quote]PRO-INDEPENDENCE: A group of academics unveiled their version of a draft constitution for the `Republic of Taiwan,’ with some surprising clauses
By Jewel Huang
STAFF REPORTER
Tuesday, Nov 09, 2004,Page 1[/quote]
taipeitimes.com/News/front/a … 2003210270

Did anyone else notice the distinct lack of emphasis on civil or human rights being proposed in the new constitution.
From my perspective defining the people of Taiwan according to racial definitions and enshrining ethnic divisions into the constitution seems a bit ignorant if not down right fascist.
The only reason that the international community both in Taiwan and abroad may support a new constitution is if it institutionalised human rights in Taiwan for all people as opposed to ethnic disharmony, racial discrimination and independence as the TPA has proposed.

I’m just wondering why you never bothered to answer the question as to how you feel that you should be the self-appointed protector of all our rights, when you can’t even protect the rights of a fellow American who was ripped off here in Taiwan and posted about it on the message board that you moderate. Your answer to his call for help was to delete his complaint from the board.

How is it that you think that you can champion the rights of a whole society, when you can’t even protect the rights of an individual?

[quote=“brian”]
How is it that you think that you can champion the rights of a whole society, when you can’t even protect the rights of an individual?[/quote]

Could you provide link or give more information?

Does anyone have a link to the TRA’s proposed draft constitution?

Sorry for the late reply. Here’s a link to the question that I was referring to. The question for Boomer is toward the bottom of the thread.

forumosa.com/taiwan/viewtopic.ph … t+phillips

Please tell me that you didn’t post this thread and comment on the document before you had even read it. Surely you didn’t just read the newspaper article and make comment from a third parties opinion - or did you?