Taiwanese food sucks!

3 Likes

Simple characters for simple minds…

ETA: OK, you got me, I was in a pinko lovin’ haze over the imminent ban lifting…

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-05-21/china-said-to-consider-ending-birth-limits-as-soon-as-this-year

It’s going to be a sexual feeding frenzy over there!!!

1 Like

I was thinking Ah Bien was starting to be more of a vegetable these days. Poor guy. I bet he thinks of the days when he was a salty meat bun…

2 Likes

I was going to say something along the lines of “A vegetable, yes, but still GREEN!!”

And then I found this, apparently he’s getting a little side action, no doubt hawking them out the back of his loudmouth daughter’s Dental Clinic…

Maybe the Hungry Bogan might like some!!

1 Like

I agree with this 100%. My lunch last Friday with a coworker. 250NT + 50NT for the cilantro (very optional since still excellent without).

P_20180518_122636_vHDR_Auto

P_20180518_122714_vHDR_Auto

2 Likes

Gees those prices are pretty good. 228 East Road. Has to be a coincidence right?

Well, it ain’t like he needs the dough, you know???

50 bones for a fistful of Satan’s Buttcheese???
Pretty raw, man.

4 Likes

I agree Taiwanese food can be too sweet or salty, and the ingredients used are sometimes very low quality. Plus, the cleanliness of the eateries can sometimes leave a lot to be desired. But I’ve had some awesome meals here. The night markets are very dynamic with all sorts of options, and this island is also the birthplace of one of the best chains in the world, Din Tai Fung. Which… soup dumplings… c’mon. I get hungry just thinking about it.

2 Likes

Personally, I don’t like things that squirt hot liquid when you put them in your mouth. :sunglasses:

Yeah, if I wanted…erm, never mind.

But yeah, I hate them things, fuck soup dumplings, fuck Ding Tai Fung, and FUCK Anthony Bourdain.
Yeah, Tony, I got your dumplings right friggin here…

1 Like

Anthony Bourdain. :heart_eyes::kissing_heart::yum:

He’s not even a tenth as cool as he thinks he is.

Have I linked here his latest program in Hong Kong? Christopher Doyle (Chunking Express) did the photography for that one.

I’m really curious where the OP comes from that s/he thinks that the food in Taiwan is expensive.

2 Likes

Proving again what a pretentious hipster Bourdain is. For him, everything is a fashion statement. Ooh, check me out slumming it with the local cognoscenti.

What an angry raccoon you are. Show us on the Barbie doll where the dumpling touched you.

5 Likes

I fucking hate it when these asswipes do a Taipei show and they’re always being shepherded around by some up his/her ass ABC or Singneser who has less actual Ass on the Ground time than Xi friggin Jinping, and they talk like they’re the friggin Taike James friggin Beard.

Eat my baculum.

Oh, and

Doyle has what, 50 years or more in Asia? Mostly HK, lately China because meipanfa.