Taiwanese girls acting like children during a breakup

I dated a girl for less than a month. I realized things weren’t going to work as she clearly wanted something more than I did. I was straight up with her going into the relationship and stated I didn’t want anything serious. Now, she is acting crazy and making it seem like we dated for years. IT WAS 1 MONTH! Jesus Tapdancing Christ, I feel like I am in High School sometimes.

You’re not alone mate. Just browse the Dating and Relationship Forum a little…

what did she do? Please be more precise :wink:

Try dating a woman next time. :wink:

Did your idea of nothing serious still include exchange of fluids?

Welcome to the world of dating Taiwanese women. Accept this is the way it is dating Taiwanese women, in large part(not all) for that matter.

If your from the West, you see the world from a Western point of view, if your from the East, from an Eastern point of view. I used to believe that I saw the world from a Western point of view since I have been exposed to European ideas, culture, etc. Ironicaly, I’ve met more Europeans, Americans, Australians, etc, in Asia than back home. Now, I realize, even though I have some European history, I’m more African in my thinking than European. Many, if not not most Westerners are secular in their outlook on life, nothing is sacred, it seems. Human beings are nothing but more intelligent primates. To many people, who have not been influenced by this outlook on life, the idea of sharing the most intimate side of yourself doesn’t come easy.

I’ve seen this happen over and over in Taiwan. A Chinese girl falls in love (infatuation) with a guy based on his passport. Almost from the begining he knows it won’t last unlike her, on the other hand. It’s a recipe for dissaster for one of the parties involved.

It happened to a good friend of mine recenly. She comes from a decent family. In my opinion, she actually risked a lot because the guy she went out with wouldn’t hold a job for longer than a year at a time.

The thing some people forget is that, although the guy can just go on to the next gullible girl, she on the other hand has lost face in front of her family and friends.

Cerebrus,

Rinkals offers a sensitive (and well-informed) response.

Be prepared for less benevolent responses from some of our crankier posters.

Fear not, you’ll get through this. Uncle Tomas, in his younger days before settling into a stable family life, was a serial monogamist and admittedly, a selfish prick when it came to matters of the heart and flesh. As such, I have been through this sort of thing more than once, and deservedly so.

The best advice I can give you is to respect the young lady, no matter how nutty she may become, while remembering to respect yourself. Kind but firm should be your watchphrase.

Best of luck to you and to the young lady you wrote about.

You want cranky? (I’m premenstrual today. Watch out!)

I’m usually the last person on this forum to say “:roll: This subject has been discussed ad nauseam!” or “Do a search, newbie!”, because we were all new here once, for one, and also, we all need to let off steam every now and then.

But, now I really feel the need to say this: This story is getting so old, guys. What do you want to achieve by posting this way about Taiwanese girls? Are you really looking for advice or are you just ranting?

If you’re looking for advice then I don’t get it. It’s so simple: stop dating immature girls, stop dating girls/women you can’t communicate properly with, stop dating Taiwanese if you only want them to look Taiwanese but you really want them to behave Western.

If you’re just ranting, then please refrain from generalizing, it’s starting to sound less funny and more and more insulting. “Taiwanese girls acting like children during a breakup” for a title? This really pisses me off, you know.

And one more thing: I used to think that Western guys who date girly girls here (or anywhere) are doing it because that’s exactly what they want to be doing, but now I’m starting to think that there are a lot of really stupid guys out there.

Let me start a thread: “Western men acting like idiots before, during and after relationships with Taiwanese”

Cranky enough for you?

GO Tash! :smiley:

This should be made into a sticky. :bravo:

My genuine lucite crystal ball tells me this same topic will magically re-appear within the next 6 months.
Maybe sooner - depends on when the next boatload of hormonal college grads land and discover the “exotic wonders of Asian girls.”
This has been happening for 2000 + yrs and it ain’t gonna stop anytime soon.

[quote=“Tomas”]Cerebrus,

Rinkals offers a sensitive (and well-informed) response.
[/quote]

I was expecting a good thrashing from all you Westerners out there. I’m quite surprised it hasn’t happened yet.

Take that!!
And this!!
Satisfied?

This should be made into a sticky. :bravo:[/quote]

Agreed. This is a classic! :bravo: :notworthy: :bravo:

Bodo

Now someone also needs to explain this to local men. Don’t date western girls if you want them to look western but don’t want them to act it.

Excuse me for not having 50000000 posts on Forumosa.com and knowing about everytopic ever discussed here. So honestly, I could give two damns what anyone here thinks.

And all you people bitching about me expecting her to be western. Well if western means acting like an adult instead of a spoiled child, then…sod off.

I dated the girl and made it pretty damn obvious I only wanted something unserious. She knows full well I am moving back home soon and that I am not at a point in my life where I want something more than a little sex. She was cool with that…for a while then flipped on me.

Sorry. There is no excuse for such a small post count.

But, what does that have to do with anything, anyway?

I see you are open to criticism. You’ll fit right in here… :slight_smile:

I think that isn’t correct. There are many instances where I think I am acting immature compared to my wife, and I am only doing thigs the western way.

Life is funny, ain’t it?

[quote=“Cerberus”]Excuse me for not having 50000000 posts on Forumosa.com and knowing about everytopic ever discussed here. So honestly, I could give two damns what anyone here thinks.

And all you people bitching about me expecting her to be western. Well if western means acting like an adult instead of a spoiled child, then…sod off.

I dated the girl and made it pretty damn obvious I only wanted something unserious. She knows full well I am moving back home soon and that I am not at a point in my life where I want something more than a little sex. She was cool with that…for a while then flipped on me.[/quote]
Sweetie,

Sorry about the PMS-induced outburst yesterday. Now that I’m back to normal I can see that you’re a very delicate little creature (which was a bit difficult to conclude based on just that story you told) and I will try to be more gentle.

So what is it exactly that you want then? If you don’t want people’s opinions why are you posting here?

If you’re going to make assumptions and generalizations, go ahead (heck, I do it all the time) but then deal with the reactions, no matter what they are. If you didn’t want criticism and just wanted someone to say exactly what you wanted to hear, then do what I do: don’t analyze your love-life in front of strangers, talk to yourself instead. It works great for me! :smiley:

And for the record, my reply to you had nothing to do with you being new here. I would have said the same thing to any other poster.

That’s true! tash is hard on everyone alike… :wink: