Taiwanese Girls' "Helium" Voices

Yea, so is extreme emotional detachment, extreme emotional attachment, extreme modesty, extreme promiscuity, self-mutilation/ sado-masochistic behaviour, extreme submissive behaviour, etc.

Cancer of the larynx.

Live in the rural south guys. The girls and women sound like truck drivers. Actually, the women sound like truck drivers, the girls sound like angry boys. The boys and men sound like girls. Get treated to that every morning when the neighbors who live on both sides of my home shout gossip at each other.

1 Like

What happens if the helium-voiced girls inhale helium? Can they be used to tame stray dogs?

2 Likes

My mom grew up in Taipei in the late 50’s/early 60’s and she did this. When me and my siblings were little, she would talk to us in the kinda high pitched squeaky voice. Whenever she got angry at us she would drop it like a lead weight and go full out crazy. It was super effective. To a lesser extent she still uses it while answering the phone but drops it if she knows the person on the other end of the line.

I asked her once why she did it and she said it was just what everybody did when she was growing up. Mind you, its nowhere as extreme as some people today, but it was still present way back when.

Helium voice is much better than a James Earl Jones voice, plus if any dolphins or whales are listening they can understand better.

1 Like

Here’s a pretty extreme example of this phenomenon from Japanese TV:

Sorry but no way the female presenter was born speaking like that; it had to be trained! If she was genuinely biological, it surely should count as disability (considering she’s in her mid to late 30’s).

I knew a Taiwanese woman whose voice would subtly change into that of a little girl when she was “in the mood.”
Seemed to be a kind of signal.
Not sure how deliberate it was.
Could have been something that just happened.
A kind of “audio-pheromone,” perhaps?

BS. I know plenty of Japanese athletes and martial artists that are solid, hardpack, cut, all muscle. girls in japan like them too.

Chinese men have always preferred their women to speak tenderly/gently. My guess is that this is some abominable evolution of that caring tone. OTOH, the men will do it too– speaking an octave or two higher in situations where they are trying to be polite or friendly.

[quote=“britboy”]Here’s a pretty extreme example of this phenomenon from Japanese TV:

Sorry but no way the female presenter was born speaking like that; it had to be trained! If she was genuinely biological, it surely should count as disability (considering she’s in her mid to late 30’s).[/quote]

That’s hilarious! The tears are streaming down my face! A Japanese chipmunk on helium!

[quote=“britboy”]Here’s a pretty extreme example of this phenomenon from Japanese TV:

[youtubebb3http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfuCDFce3fM/youtubebb3]

Sorry but no way the female presenter was born speaking like that; it had to be trained! If she was genuinely biological, it surely should count as disability (considering she’s in her mid to late 30’s).[/quote]

THIS is what I’m talking about. I’m not talking about a cutesy voice. There was some semi-celebrity on TV the other day that had a voice just like this. All of my Taiwanese friends thought it was natural. They said they have a friend who talks like this too. And I’ve run into a girl working at the Kaohsiung Museum who had this voice.

It’s super effective! :slight_smile:

Some of us are always polite and friendly.:sunglasses:
We never need to raise the pitch of our voice to create the impression.
:whistle:

[quote=“Loretta”]I used to know a girl who had the squeaky voice and confided to me one day that she hated it. She really was born with it, and couldn’t change it.

Now she’s a mature woman with a baby, and still has the squeaky voice. Poor kid.

Edit: I should add that the information content of what she says is quite high. None of that “so cute!” garbage.[/quote]

It’s puberphonia, I’ve treated a few people with it. Tell her to find a good Speech Language Pathologist who specializes in voice disorders if she wants to work on it. Sadly, I won’t be in Taiwan for another year (finishing up some obligations and getting my ducks in a row), or I’d be willing to talk to her pro bono.

I knew a guy in Australia with genuine puberphonia. Had a permanent falsetto voice even when he was speaking as low as he could. Not common in girls though.

I think there is a certain amount of effort that goes into it. Not much different that a ‘wigga’ talking ‘urban’ even though he is from an upper-middle class white upbringing. Once you do it for a while it becomes near second nature and habitual. There is definitely a gay accent. It is part and parcel to who you associate with and how you see yourself. Accents are a tricky thing, I’ve been overseas over a decade and when I go home now I notice an accent I never did before and people I haven’t met before (newer friends of friends) say that I talk different, but in reality I have been engulfed in ‘expat-neutral-speak’ where I have adopted words and phrases from different corner of the English speaking world.

Will post later when sober.

Just sold a “Kawaii” research article which sums this shit up rather nicely.

DD
beer quota is up to “yeah I got this one”
thanks.

youtube.com/watch?v=8iDCPCfh_kw

Here’s a similar phenomenon in a jamaican girl from the 1960s. Personally I like it - in this video at least.

but maybe all the guys here are closet pedos, and thats why they dig it