Taiwanese Islands (e.g., Green Island, Orchid Island, etc.)

Different strokes for different folks.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Different strokes for different folks.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

I’ll take what I can get. :s

And besides, is there a man out there who can truthfully say that after they’ve laid eyes on those luscious horns, those soft ears, and heard those sweet pattering “bahh’s” that they have not felt temptation? I think not.

[quote=“KERA”]no, i wasn’t worried at the nuclear waste dump at all. :slight_smile:

i heard from a friend that she took the fight to lanyu, it’s the type of plane that only has fans, and it’s small enough for only 15-20 passengers. sounds funny…but i think it’s much better than the boat.

cheers.[/quote]

dornier 228

i dont know whats better tho. braving the stormy seas for hours or braving the short flight in high winds? (sometimes they have landed…but UPSIDE DOWN).

iv lived in Taiwan for ohhh soo long and i have never been brave enough to go to either green island or orchid island. I know, i need to grow some kahunas.

We spent last weekend traveling to Orchid Island, stayed two nights. Traveled with some members of the extended family, a group of ten people.

While I didn’t find the goats sexually attractive, I did find the island itself to be lovely. The snorkeling was fun, as was zipping about on a scooter. We rode to the weather observatory on the top of one of the mountains, and the views were breathtaking.

We bought freshly caught lobsters and had a seaside BBQ, swam in the ocean, checked out the local culture, explored caves and farms, witnessed a tornado out on the ocean.

Orchid Island isn’t a resort place; it remains somewhat undeveloped. We found a nice Mingsu (English?) that made our stay more pleasant. I didn’t mind the island’s lack of development, or all of the goat crap.

Obviously, Maui, Guam, Thailand, etc. will provide more to the beach-oriented vacationer, but I enjoyed seeing this part of Taiwan very much.

Sounds cool. No strange discharges in the last couple days?

And I don’t get the goat references.

I have been to Green Island and it was a great experience for me. I did scuba diving for the first time and believe me, it was just awesome. I can’t explain in words how I felt after I completed my scuba diving. I also saw some sea creatures about which I had no knowledge. It is nice place to explore and yes, don’t miss to view the only volcano there.

so my friends & i planned a last minute trip to green island, booked our hotel, to find that trains are full… zen me ban? what do we do?

You could fly to Taidong.

Or take the high-speed rail to Kaohsiung and then find a way over to Taidong from there. This would probably still be faster than taking the train from Taipei to Taidong.

impossible to buy flights to Orchid Island without buying a travel agent package of flight, scooter, accom, guide. Airline says that all flights are full until end of June, i.e “we have sold all our seats to travel agents”, even though they say they haven’t.

idea was that me and kid take the boat, my wife (notoriously travel sick) flies. Then we camp out or whatever. Don’t want a package.

how do locals get flights only?