Taiwanese Lawmakers throw pig guts and punches on parliament floor

Um… exactly what the title says. :man_facepalming:

4 Likes

Lol I am actually amused by it.

1 Like

I am too. I love train wrecks. And this is par for the course when it comes to Taiwanese parliament brawls.

1 Like

Little does the KMT know, instigating parliamentary violence does cause the foreign media to report on it, further strengthening Taiwan’s independence.

7 Likes

It’s on Reuters, DW, the BBC… In every language. I hate that my family will never see how good we’re having it here, but oh yeah, they will see this.

5 Likes

Who cares? It’s funny. Don’t take it so seriously. The US is still leading the way for being an international embarrassment right now. And I often see Taiwan mentioned by people in western news (along with New Zealand and a couple other places) as models for how they responded to Covid.

4 Likes

Maybe that’s our secret. While our governments are paralysed, the Taiwanese get things done by kicking, screaming and throwing pig guts.

7 Likes

You could say…

They’re making a pigs ear of it

3 Likes

I care because my job is showing people what a great place Taiwan is. Yet most people choose to believe Taiwan is a dictatorship where we eat babies and worms…

2 Likes

So this year they have spiked walls with sharp metal objects, spray painted and broken public buildigs and thrown waste products at people.

Why is no one in jail yet?!? Its an embarassmet that should land them jobless and a couple years in a cell to think about it.

The blind leading the sheep.

2 Likes

So dramatic

1 Like

Says a lot for the Security that such things can be brought inside. Hopefully a gun won’t get past.

I just link to this article when Meiguo’s maskophobes argue that Taiwan’s government is the reason the pandemic was gutted here.

Same here. 3-4 people already sent me the BBC article. How tiresome.

2 Likes

Just say “yeah, we have a couple crazy lawmakers who like to throw around pig guts… you know what we don’t have? COVID! Boom! Don’t want to come to beautiful Taiwan? Enjoy your lockdowns in your petri-dish then… BOOM!”

5 Likes

The way I explain it to puzzled foreigners is like in the U.S. it’s “hi, we’re from the government and we’re here to help” while in Taiwan it’s “we’re from the government. we’re too busy lining our pockets to deal with the pandemic so you take care of it.” That’s how doers actually get things done here.

2 Likes

gutted, lol

I have a feeling these things are staged.

The legislators have to be seen as fighting for their constituents, so they stage these fights.

2 Likes

A feeling haha

Of course they are staged , it’s a show for the old people who vote for them. They love it

5 Likes

The first thing many people say when I mention Taiwan in the past is… isn’t that the place where legislators fight in the Parliament? Lol

Pig gut throwing is funny though

2 Likes