Taiwanese man escapes girlfriend in Philippines

Could have been worse.

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2017/12/25/2003684616

We should send him a couple of pregnancy test kits so he doesn’t fall for it again…

1 Like

Condoms. Or neuter him. That would work, too.

Pull out method training

Will still get many nasties while doing the nasty. Kids are not the worst outcome of going bareback.

I’ve heard of that scam several times. Girlfriend pretends she’s pregnant to get money for doctor, scans, etc etc. Wash, rinse, repeat. She usually has a deadbeat bf back home - who she adores - who’s happy to get a regular source of income for cockfighting and Tanduay.

It absolutely could have been worse. Sometimes the bf turns up with a bolo to make sure the cash keeps coming. Kidnapping and extortion are supposedly punished severely in the Philippines, but in practice it rarely gets much further than a police investigation.

A variant on the theme is for the girl to pretend she’s underage and have the “father” turn up to demand “compensation”, usually with some police (real or fake) in tow.

Keep it in your pants is the lesson here.

2 Likes

If the Pinay was really pregnant she doesn’t need to locked up his man ?

Anyway we don’t know the real story behind all of this, we only knew his report however glad his out and hope this story gives a lesson.

Moral of the story: Psycho Xiaojie could come from any race, not necessarily Chinese/Taiwanese.

Let’s be clear. The real “moral” of this story is that if you believe him over her you’re “betraying feminist values” and “letting your privilege get the better of you.”

Let’s be clear: If you choose to believe women, you choose to believe every woman. Even when it’s uncomfortable. (Especially when it’s uncomfortable.) You cannot pick and choose which feminist values to align yourself with. If your knee-jerk reaction is “I can’t imagine it, so it can’t be true,” then you are allowing your privilege to get the better of you.

Ok, let’s just say that at 20, a Taiwanese guy has the emotional maturity of a 15, maybe 13 year old. He chases this woman after she has left him, to marry her because she is pregnant with his child. So far, so good.

The part I am dubious about is his Houdini escape, his abiklity to ask for help over the Interweb at an Internet cafe and the fact that the gummit promptly came to his rescue.

All this would have been prevented by the use of friggin profilactics, and I do not mean believing her or any woman, not even your wife, when she says “I am on the pill”. You do not put the sword unsheated anywhere. It will always get something cut, and you will pay the consequences.

No.

Feminism is not a blanket. It means being a thinking person, asking equal opportunities to prove your worth and develop your potential. We cannot “believe her” in thsi case because we do not have her point of view. Noweher in the article does it quote her. We only have what a 20 year old kid is telling us and I doubt we have seen the whole thing.

I have heard thsi story from several Taiwanese husbands that have dissappeared days, even months in Cambodia, Vietname, Filipinas, etc… The truth is that they gambled the money away or had a little something something. Andf they orchestrate their own kidnap to make some money. Yes, Taiwanese men. Grown, 40 to 50 year old mamma’s boys who “work” at family enterprises and have done nothing for themselves their whole lives, not even washing their underwear. Those are poison.

The most you can go to say on her behalf is that people in underdeveloped countries where the rule of law does not exits, people are commodities and women are valued for looks and virginity, males and females resort to prostitution and kidnap and illegal activities simply because there is nothing else and everyone is doing it.

But we cannot say anything on her behalf as we only have his point of view. There is no quote from her in the article, no evidence from the authorities, nothing. When they have her in cuffs and she tells her story, we’ll see.

2 Likes

This 20yr old has more guts than most of us had at that age…to fly to Philippines to marry the pregnant girlfriend.
But we’re only going on short news article. Need more details

2 Likes

I’m sure this happens, but in this case the guy appears to have got nothing out of it, and it’s hard to see how he might have done. He’ll have to pay back the money for that flight, plus all the trouble getting new ID, passport etc.

If he wanted to disappear for a couple of weeks and have some fun, he could have easily done so without making a big fuss. Nobody would have been any the wiser.

This sort of thing is incredibly common in the Philippines simply because (as you said) everyone’s doing it, nobody thinks it’s “wrong”, and the law turns a blind eye.

No doubt he’s missed out a few embarrassing details, but the gist of the story sounds plausible.

You haven’t gotten the latest feminist memo then. The man is always the perpetrator and the woman always the victim.

Get off the firts world high horse and see for yourself why there is a fight. Up to the 70s in the US women could not have a credit card. In third world countries, you cannot walk alone down teh sttreet and you cannot dres as you please. And in both worlds, women are told to protect themselves against rape when men should be told not to rape. The fight is against teh mentality. making any gender a victim makes teh world blind. Acceopt that there is much to be improved, point out when ther eis unfairness. We are meant to live together and move together towards a better goal, and that is not simplifying maxims like “women are abusing us”. We are not discounting liars or cheats, but in terms of numbers and laws, the balance is quite unbalanced. This is not a zero sum game, if we say we hurt that doe snot mean you don’t. if we both hurt, shouldn’t we both be looking for a common solution?

Again, get off your context and see the story here. This is not the US, it is not one of your black/white/liberal/conservative issues, this is something happening in Taiwan and Filipinas. There are many issues there, you could even call racism. Please do not derail the topic with your wrong ideas about what you call feminism but is not. That is the last I have to say on thsi matter. I will not respond to you as you are derailing the topic.

7 Likes

Yep, it is plausible, I am not saying not. Gullible inexperienced kid can be easily led by teh nose by…anyone. Remember all teh people who give their moeny away on phoen scams, in spite of news. Maybe otehrs will be spared his pain if they hear about this issue.

My wrong ideas about feminism?

To believe blindly is religion, not feminism.

When I see feminists wearing t-shirts that say “Believe the Evidence” then I’ll believe you.

y no hay peor ciego que el que no quiere ver. If you open your eyes, you will see.