Taiwanese man escapes girlfriend in Philippines

The plot thickens:

I’m going to go with version 2, the Filipino woman’s version of the story. Seems more plausible to me.
I suspect the 20yr old Taiwanese man is a bleeding duchebag

1 Like

NOT your thread open another one!

As I guessed he got freaked out about marriage and the kid on the way along with having to pay a bride price and ran off!
100,000 is cheap in Taiwan I paid more than that for the bloody cookies!

2 Likes

I’m not sure about that. Kids are much harder and more expensive to cure than most of those other diseases. :sunglasses:

1 Like

So, the gf really exists, at least.

1 Like

Is it time to start a hashtag for that?

Maybe #NOTyourNarrative would be more accurate. After all, test driving the au courant narrative about who to believe and why in a looming case of he said/she said isn’t really beyond the pale of a “man escapes girlfriend” thread.

Yeah, possible. If that’s true, I can understand why he invented the dumbass story about being kidnapped. I wonder if he had a deer-in-the-headlights look in that photo she produced?

f you’re a 20-year-old kid, and you arrive at the family shack out in some godforsaken provincial village, and you discover that you’re about to marry into an extended family of 20 unemployed men and 50 snot-nosed kids who are all tapping you for money and wanting to discuss their business investment ideas, you might well want to make your escape. You might also concoct some story while carefully avoiding the tattooed, one-eyed cousin who looks like he was only just released from jail. You’re certainly not going to tell daddy, sorry, I don’t think I want to marry your daughter after all, and would you mind showing me where the bus stop is so I can get back to the airport?

Wonder if she actually was pregnant or not.

@Icon beat you by several hours. Actually, the forum software even warned me when I quoted her, saying that the link was already posted.

But, thanks for the desktop version!

My bad! Saw the FB link :).

1 Like