Taiwanese Movies

Does anyone know a good online site to buy Taiwanese movies? I live in Denmark, and have a hard time in finding taiwanese movies.

I am especially looking for “Hidden Whisper” by Vivian Chang. I saw it on Gothenburg Film Festival 2001. It’s a very interesting film, and I’ve been wanting to see it again, but haven’t been able to find it. Has it been released on DVD or VHS?

cheers,
Kaspar :?:

Good question. I hope someone else can provide more information than I’ve found so far about this.

A problem, DVD region coding aside, with buying Taiwanese movies from places in Taiwan is that they very seldom have subtitles in anything other than Chinese.

I know the movie’s out on VCD, but a quick search hasn’t turned up anything about it on DVD or VHS.

There’s also a website (Chinese only) for Hidden Whisper.

It’s out on VCD…? That sounds fine. Do you know a place, that sells it?

:slight_smile: Kaspar

You might look around the site for IVideo, which is where I saw the mention of it on VCD.
ivideo.com.tw/rent_video/vid … lm_id=8311

You should also do a search on its Chinese name and vcd or dvd.

I wouldn’t worry about the DVD regions.

I guess that, the cheaper the DVD player the better the chance that you will not face problems with region-limitations. I bought a 100 Euro model in Beijing which plays DVD from everywhere. If you buy branded models, it is likely that they have region-limitations.

Cheers, Jens

Try asiacd.com or yesasia.com, same site.

[quote=“aceman”]Try asiacd.com or yesasia.com, same site.[/quote]I tried the link:

ivideo.com.tw/rent_video/vid … lm_id=8311 , but I don’t understand chinese. Isn’t it only rental, on that page.

I’ve tried yesasia.com and sensasian.com, but no luck. I find it a bit strange that it hasn’t been released yet, since it’s from 2001, and stars Shu Qi… I’ll keep searching. Please let me know, if anyone has another idea…

:wink: Kaspar

[quote=“kaspar”]Does anyone know a good online site to buy Taiwanese movies? I live in Denmark, and have a hard time in finding taiwanese movies.

I am especially looking for “Hidden Whisper” by Vivian Chang. I saw it on Gothenburg Film Festival 2001. It’s a very interesting film, and I’ve been wanting to see it again, but haven’t been able to find it. Has it been released on DVD or VHS?

cheers,
Kaspar :?:[/quote]

Try the following:

www.hivizone.com

Most are Hong Kong films but you can find some Taiwanese films there.

Another site, from the U. S.:

www.pokerindustries.com

Happy hunting,

Joe

I bought a DVD copy of “Yi Yi” (wonderful film) from US Amazon. Though this is a region 1 copy you can have your player doctored in Taipei to play all.
M