Taiwanese parents hate me :facebook:

Yes, IF they have earned that respecr through their past actions.[/quote]

Don’t think about their past actions for the respects from you… You respect them is just because you are young no position to argue with old people even if old people are so unreasonable, critical and brutal treatment to you. Sometimes, outsiders are just outsiders you won’t have the blood or gene from your husband by law and those Taiwanese old people dislike you just for the reason “you don’t have their blood”. :raspberry:

When you are old, you can mistreat your daughter in law as well just because you are older than them in Taiwan. I know some old people are reasonable but not a lot in Taiwan.

Seriously, AliceLu? You think this is appropriate, acceptable behaviour? It’s ok to abuse and brutalize other people simply because you are older than they?

Back where I come from, old people like that die alone. And that’s the way it should be.

Dear Alice, wake up! Have you seen the news? There are 'lots of teachers abusing young teenager students, there are lots of pedophiles out there, there are bosses mistreating their younger employees just because they are "old"and “wise”. Parents in law think that they have the right to mistreat their sons/daughters in law. And in Taiwan old people can get away with crime because they are old (need to be respected). In other countries also, evil people will pull rank, age, connections, whatever they can and are allowed by this dumb society.

1 Like

Seriously, AliceLu? You think this is appropriate, acceptable behaviour? It’s ok to abuse and brutalize other people simply because you are older than they?

Back where I come from, old people like that die alone. And that’s the way it should be.[/quote]

I don’t accept certainly, but that doesn’t mean I like to live with parents in law after marriage even if they might be very good to me.
I remember there was a uncle wanted to introduce someone’ son to me to be a boyfriend of mine but I refused and my mother just asked the son’s mother about their family, then his mother just answered it immediately saying " I won’t bother the private life from younger people and given my two sons two houses to live alone separately with someone they like not business of our old people." I think his mother was just scared no girls like or want to marry her sons if old people interrupt young people in life… This is a sensitive problem might influence a girl accept a Taiwanese man or not in Taiwan because So many Taiwanese girls dislike “mummyboy” means everything has to be decided by his mother.

So many Taiwanese people breed for their old life because they think old people die alone is very poor so they must encourage breeding and son is the best choice. In Taiwan, after marriage, females have to move out into her husband’s places to live cannot live with females’s families neither do daughters take care of her parents in their original family, however, sons can stay at his original families to look after old people in any kinds of cares.

Anyway, I don’t care about marriage …

My Taiwanese Parents In law hates me and I HATE THEM TOO.

They are most passive aggressor idiots and they have talents of abusing others. If they cannot get their ways, they will blame your parents and make fun of your parents/you in front of the family to entertain their pathetic lives. And on top pf that, the mother in law will do all the small deliberate actions to make you realised where you stand in the “family”. They will do anything to break your spirit and make you “serve” the family like a slave, just like how hers mother in law did to her (you have to follow the “tradition”).

Finally I broke down and I couldn’t care if I am going to be divorced or kick out. That was when courage took over and I voiced out everything they ever did to me. They never did apologised. (Arrogant Assholes) From that on, they left me and leave me in peace. Thank God! If not, I rather kill myself then to stay with them for a day.

Morale of the story: They are nothing but a brunch of pathetic bullies with no guts. They have no consciousness or humanity for others.

Good Luck to you. Hope yours have a better and happier ending.

1 Like

Well that is unfortunate. Here’s hoping your life takes a turn for the better.

I feel lucky. My parents and my Taiwanese in-laws love each other. I’m their favorite son-in-law and they have 3.

Is it because you’re totally awesome, or because the other two set a low bar?

A little bit from column-A, a little bit from column-B. :wink:

1 Like

Ha, I know what you mean. I’m the favorite too, but I don’t have to work too hard, because the other son-in-law is a total douche.

1 Like

It appears that you are female? So, your husband is a weak assed wimp for not sticking up for you. That’s problem #1. I would never, ever allow my parents or other family members treat my wife with this type of disrespect. I’ve never had this issue, but if I did and I had to make a choice, I would choose my wife over my parents if they behaved like this. Unfortunately in Taiwan, the “men” are usually little cry babies who won’t stand up to their parents due to filial piety, but that’s just a lame assed excuse. The main issue is almost always related to $$$$ and the fear of being cut off from the free house, car and ultimately the money and riches that they hope to inherit. 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶 媽寶!

Easy solution. Use your cell phone and record them insulting you, your parents, etc. Then sue them in court for millions of dollars. Not only will you win and get them to pay you for the insults and bullying you’ve had to endure, but it will make the news and they will further be publicly shamed. DO IT!

Here is your “bible” of references for your research into how to get your revenge on these losers!

You have the right to live a life free from abuse and harassment. Good luck to you.

1 Like

Yeah, I was going to say something about how the other two must be real pieces of work…:wink:

One is a shut-in who loves online games more than he does his kids, and the other is a habitual cheater who loves Vietnamese prostitutes more than he does his wife.

Chinese New Year and Lunar Festival must be very exciting for u to spend time with them.

1 Like

My dad is Taiwanese and moms Korean. They leave my personal relationships to myself and don’t really share much opinions unless I ask. They seem to be pretty happy if I’m with someone and not gay.

Do they prefer you date Taiwanese, Korean, or don’t care?

They’ve never made any preferences of nationality of ethnicity to me and I don’t care enough to ask. I don’t think they care all that much. However I think maybe they would have to some biases against a black girl, but would probably get over it after a while if I’m honest. They just haven’t had much interactions with black people like most Asian people. I feel like they care more about the girls values, especially family values.

But to the OP. I think its ok to take your families opinion into account when dating someone. But ultimately it’s my life and i have to live with the person and it’s my relationship. The only thing they can threaten me with is if they cut off financial backing and never speak to me but that’s not enough for me to not be with someone if I really want to be. So I guess you get a chance to see how loyal he is to you and if he’s willing to put his big boy pants on to see if he will step out of his parents and build his own family with you.

1 Like

It could just be you.
Just sayin

1 Like

He puts that up 2 days ago and not back/replied since.
Hmmmm. Smells sort of fishy and this ain’t a seafood forum.

Don’t forget, we’re dealing with someone here who doesn’t do their homework.
In this town, that’s intafada