Taiwanese PDA + Japanese software/dictionaries?

I was looking at this site recently: www.japaneselanguagetools.com

There’s a PDA available on that site that is very focused on Japanese dictionaries, but it costs 50,000yen (about $500 US or 15,000NT). Not cheap for me. But the proprietor also says you can just download the dictionaries and put them on your own PDA. Only problem is if your PDA is English or doesn’t input Japanese characters, then the functions become rather crippled.

So I was wondering if anybody had any good/bad experiences running Japanese software on a Taiwanese PDA?

[quote=“tomato”]I was looking at this site recently: www.japaneselanguagetools.com

There’s a PDA available on that site that is very focused on Japanese dictionaries, but it costs 50,000yen (about $500 US or 15,000NT). Not cheap for me. But the proprietor also says you can just download the dictionaries and put them on your own PDA. Only problem is if your PDA is English or doesn’t input Japanese characters, then the functions become rather crippled.

So I was wondering if anybody had any good/bad experiences running Japanese software on a Taiwanese PDA?[/quote]Should be no problem on a Palm device with CJKOS. That gives you Chinese, Japanese, and Korean input and display. I see that the tools you linked to are available for Palm.

As for Windows Mobile, I imagine it should be possible but I’m not so clear about the software you’d need.