Taiwanese Photographing Meals

Strange photo subject. What’s the title? “I have a very dear camera, so I’m duty bound to take pictures of absolutely ANYTHING, whether its even remotely interesting or not.” Or is it more like: “Sorry, dude. This is what I took a picture of when we were having dinner. That’s right – you’re THAT boring!” :laughing:

Well there wasn’t actually a title. It just looked interesting.

I had a photo of a half eaten roast chicken around here somewhere, but I can’t find it now.

[quote=“Fortigurn”]
I had a photo of a half eaten roast chicken around here somewhere, but I can’t find it now.[/quote]

the dog must have found it.

i had an awkward experience because of this once.

an intimate, serious business lunch with 8 people in a private room at a pricey Japanese restaurant here. the point of the lunch was for some veteran business editors for the local media to meet for the first time a friend, the head of a company opening an office here. one of them, who I found out is 38 and unmarried, proceeded to photograph every course she was served. my friend and the other journalists made weak smiles, the media representatives looked visibly embarrassed. the whole scene looked like a 12year old excited by her first and only trip to disneyland. in short she looked low class and stupid. my friend never took the local media seriously again after that…as he said “what the f–k, is she five?” I don’t think you could have made the lunch more awkward by farting through the whole thing

Trust me, that ain’t even half the thing some of the journalists here do, my girlfriend does PR for a big American company here and she’s been to the US with local journalists and they do much worse things there.

One guy ran off to a mall to buy hentai anime and refused to eat anything that wasn’t chinese food for McD, on her last trip, two guys left their luggage at LAX airport and she had to sort them out to be forwarded to the destination at her expense, then the third person moaned about everything, including being invited to a suite at a baseball game and being served hotdogs instead of a 3 course meal and by the last day she was so bad my girlfriend had to take her back to the hotel and because the person had checked out, despite the fact they weren’t leaving until 2 in the morning, she was working in my girlfriends hotel room as the lobby wasn’t good enough. The finale was that the other two guys that she had to leave behind never came back to the hotel to meet her as arranged and didn’t answer their phones when she tried to call them, but luckily they’d somehow managed to get to the airport and she only saw them an hour before departure in the airline lounge…

Me, I would’ve told these people where to get off, but luckily she seems to have a lot more patience than I do… But then again, I don’t even think the local companies takes the media serious here, as you can always pay them off to write a good review about your product, so it doesn’t really matter, it’s not going to be an unbiased review in the end anyhow.

And now we’re off topic again… sorry :blush:

still off-top, but i am not surprised, swede…however, on your other point: i never had to pay anyone off for coverage and always got great ink!