Taiwanese Radio Podcasts Soon Available

Apple launches its Podcast Directory service in Taiwan

taipeitimes.com/News/biz/arc … 2003268988

I’ve been looking high and low for the stations mentioned in the article on the iTunes podcast directory but so far have found nothing. I thought I found a direct “phobos” link on MacGrass to the Taiwan Podcast directory but I only got a pop-up window saying I’m not signed into that particular store (even though there isn’t a Taiwanese iTunes store!). Anyone had any luck with finding any of these iTunes podcasts in Taiwan?

They’re not available yet. :slight_smile: Should be within a month.

News98’s podcast is available:

news98.com.tw/podcast.php

[quote=“gary”]News98’s podcast is available:

news98.com.tw/podcast.php[/quote]
Getting a 404 on that here.

EDIT: Correct link here - blog.news98.com.tw:8080/podcast.php

Thanks for the heads-up man. This’ll be hell of good practice for listening skill.

[quote=“Tetsuo”][quote=“gary”]News98’s podcast is available:

news98.com.tw/podcast.php[/quote]
Getting a 404 on that here.
[/quote]

Me too. Though if you go to the main news98 web page, that’ll be the URL.

Too bad about the quality. It sounds as good as their Windows Media Player steam.

Their steam is available if you want to listen to radio all day.

radio.media.hinet.net/player/cat … ?radio_id={30A1E671-949F-43D0-9471-94413E6D54C4}

The steam will work with WMP for mac if you view source of the page and paste the stream link into WMP.

I also subscribe to the mandarin podcasts Princess Remy and Sound of Hope radio.

Me thinks I have an idea. I might talk to a friend at Tzi Chi and see if they want to do a podcast. Taiwanese Buddhist podcasts anyone?

Sorry to be thick here, but is a podcast something you need an Ipod for, or is it just streaming media?

I’ve got News98 on – it’s really nice. Thanks for the link.

[quote=“ironlady”]Sorry to be thick here, but is a podcast something you need an Ipod for, or is it just streaming media?

I’ve got News98 on – it’s really nice. Thanks for the link.[/quote]

:slight_smile: Podcasts are merely audio programs you can subscribe to. There’s lots of available programs:

apple.com/podcasting/

You don’t need an iPod. But with one, iTunes can automatically put new programs onto your iPod.

“podcast” is just a fancy word for “mp3 program downloadable from the internet and (generally) updated regularly”. See: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcasting