Taiwanese Singer R.chord Hsieh and Girlfriend sued by Wife for $189,500

Didn’t see in local news.

Guess she also miscarried baby.

And more drama

1 Like

the life of the rich air heads. fascinating stuff.

The main culturally significant point is that Taiwan is one of few places in world where wife can sue mistress and husband for adultery.

Not a smart law for so many reasons. It enables cheating husbands.

1 Like

Why?
Don’t you think such law discourage cheaters instead?

Because xiao san runs the risk of being sued if anyone finds out. Its a major deterrent to telling anyone…

5 Likes

Oh, it’s becoming more clear.

1 Like

I wondered about this too. I think you nailed it.

1 Like

A major deterrent to black mail too, usually the Syau San is the poorest one in the triangle and usually the youngest. In Taiwan with this law they can hardly say “Divorce your wife or I’m telling”.They cannot marry the Syau San too if they’re found guilty of having intercourse.

1 Like

Marriage in Taiwan isn’t looking quite so unattractive.

I guess it’s at least partially beneficial for the wife to scare off or run off mistresses.

This also works the other way around also, husband can sue the wife and her lover if she has an affair.

Sure but it is less common , especially.when the law was created. It’s happened though, in fact an American got locked up and deported for messing with a married lady.

1 Like

Wow really? When/where?

I think about 8 years back it was all over the Apple Daily, him standing in his y fronts after stupidly answering his front door to the cops and reporters with someone elses wife inside. Then shackled up by his ankle in the police station. I’m sure someone can find the article I’m not too savvy on.searvhing.
I remember as the wife was beautiful and the guy looked like Michael.Moore.

1 Like

I don’t recall an American getting caught, but there are some pathetic stories out there:

It wouldn’t surprise me if a westerner got caught. I’ll see if I can search the story.

EDIT: Are you thinking about this?

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/taiwan/archives/2013/01/22/2003553151

1 Like

No the case I’m referring to was a famous American Cram school teacher. He was a very successful teacher.
I’ll find it and post it when I do (he may have been Canadian but I think American ) meanwhile check this out