Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

That would imply he just held down the trigger to fire as many rounds as possible. And this implies he might be a bit crazy.

2 Likes

I think he may be only one sandwhich shy of a picnic

Talking about classmates talking, as per local news, the prosecution has been flooded with images such as this one:

Sent by fellow Taiwanese. Make of that as you will.

1 Like

He was in my school for two years!! It’s crazy

Rich kid’s school? It’s not really crazy IMO. You’re going to get a fair few of his types when there are no boundaries.

1 Like

Everyone seems like pretty decent as kids, just spoilt I guess and I was the only foreigner there and hated the kids myself.
I mean and later on you see his Facebook profile and you find photos of guns and manuals on how to build one… that’s pretty crazy if you ask me, especially cause Kids shouldn’t be thinking of becoming international terrorists for “fun”

1 Like

I think “international terrorists” is a bit grandiose, but accurate in little emperor’s case.

I think more or less it describes the guy.
But then again u never know things if you listen to what the media say…

That is a serious flame thrower. A normal kid doesn’t have that kind of passion for flame throwers. Would not be surprised if he set fires somewhere. Seems to be obsessed with mayhem. Seems bent in my book. The kid is evil is my impression.

1 Like

Draft him into the military and have him lead the front line against the coming Chinese invasion.

2 Likes

Yep, latest is that it looks they are making every effort to bring kid back, some media says by the end of May.

Lawyers are pointing out teh dificulties the kid will have finding a job -fugget about law enforcement career as it was first published-, can’t own weapons, will have problems banking getting loans, etc. same with renting and there are many countries he will not be able to travel to. They say.

1 Like

I expect to see him working as a sales at World Gym with all the other failed TBAs in due course.

I beg to differ. With a bit of luck, he’ll become an action hero. At least paraded as one when he comes back.

Yep, media saying her being a celebrity helped expedite things in US. Sigh. :wall::rant::doh:

Bottomline:

However, it now appears that the result of Sun’s psychological assessment and the small scale of the crime apparently has convinced federal authorities to drop the case.

So she went from the “just kidding” defence to the “insanity” defence. If that fails I fully expect the “alien kidnapping” defence.

Not a bad write-up from K.

1 Like

I don’t know, it all sounds pretty gossipy. Maybe “Taiwanese attorney Chiu Chang” knows things that haven’t appeared in the media yet, but maybe he doesn’t.

May not be that easy to get off but then Uncle Sam doesn’t want to feed him for years
The Uncle may be ok with deportation and lifetime ban for the kid

He will return to Taiwan and join the bamboo union or something

The prisons are full of the mentally ill, it’s not a secret. But most don’t have $$$ for a defense. I agree the kid will be home soon. Usa probably just wants him out at this point. Doesn’t seem to be in domestic media much either.

Media now busy with nominations for New Taipei City mayor and Cabinet shuffle.

They hired a good and expensive lawyer I guess. First job was to change him to a mentally troubled kid not a terrorist. Then argue waste of time and resources and make him somebody else’s problem. Which is the logical thing from US perspective for sure.

2 Likes

Taiwan’s problem. Imagine the media circus when he comes back.

1 Like