Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

Waiting for the Apple Daily exclusive.

I think the parents are just relieved they got their $way with it. Based on his ā€˜pleadā€™ in court, I donā€™t think they have any real plan to treat their son. Their way to educate here is just send to buxiban a. Since they are rich just send the kids to the best school here. This could indeed be very bad. ā€˜Sickā€™ is not new fashion on this tiny rock.

The parents should put him under serious psychological inpatient treatment for a while. Or send him to study elsewhere. Not in Taiwan. I wonder what the Taiwanese are commenting on this news of his release back here.

2 Likes

Elliot was also a spoiled rich lad with that creepy glare the Taiwanese kid has.

2 Likes

Itā€™s not illegal to make or own a flamethrower in the US. People build them all the time. I think only California has restrictions on the state level.

I have this question in my mind and will Taiwan government would be able to control or restrict this type of person to go around in public places?

Just quite worried you see he plot to massacre a school in The USA and he get away with it and now coming back to his homeland.

1 Like

No. Nor should they. This isnā€™t China.

He was never proven guilty. And Iā€™ve yet to see anything that convinced me that there isan actual plot.

If you came to my house in the US, youā€™d see AK47s and other variations of the AK, riffles, 45. 22. 9mm, 38calibers. You can probably see google searches of guns and gun laws. Am I plotting anything?

It is true, if he was a US citizen, he could have gotten away with a lot it outside of the threat that Iā€™m also not so convinced is real. But that would pretty much be extent of his crimes if he was a US citizen who could have legally bought guns.

Depends on $$$. How many times did CKSā€™grandchild attacked the American School? Or that other guy who crashed his race car against some workers in a tunnel, killing his gf? The parents blamed the workers, not the lunatic doing over 100km/h at 4am. Or the woman in Taichung arrested for DUI, who wiped out an entire family, lost her licenseā€¦and kept on driving?

This kid needs rehab. Maybe even getting institutionalised. His parents will be the first ones to bear the brunt when he comes undone but it is doubtful they will be the only ones.

The only good thing, one hopes, is that he will be limited to the weapons he can manufacture himself. Ainā€™t that easy to buy semiautomatic rifles off the Internet here. Nor thousands of rounds. One hopes.

4 Likes

Owning so much gun stuff would you go to a new school and say you will do a shoot up?

Something his parents are not short of.

He might be thinking ā€˜if I got away with the most influential country in the world, what canā€™t I get away with with my own monkeys?ā€™

If the government canā€™t enforce full and long menta treatment, it is up to the parents to take the initiative. And if they donā€™t it is on them the disaster their son might cause.

I donā€™t know but as per subject ā€œhe is really scary personā€.
Time could only tell like the one who stab lots of ordinary people in MRT.
He use knife and just stab everyone like popping a ballons.

Itā€™s not hard to buy a 22 caliber small handgun here in the black market. Or buy a modded BB gun thatā€™s basically a 22. But it would probably take a hole clip of rounds to kill someone unless they shoot them in the vitals or head directly.

Andrew, this kid is not sane. He has issues. He lacks empathy, appropriate social interactions, among other problems. His obsession with guns is not a healthy hobby. He broke a number of laws to get his stash, and he gathered quite a sizeable one.

Most importantly, he has been aided and abetted by those closest to him, from his parents to his house mother. He has been sheltered from the consequences of his actions big and small. That is a bigger problem and presents a larger issue as it gives him confidence he can get away with anything.

4 Likes

No. I didnā€™t say he was innocent of that. That would basically be the extent of his crime, making terroristic threats. Even then itā€™s arguable how serious it was.

Iā€™m not arguing that he does or doesnā€™t have problems. Are you a psychologist?

Iā€™m talking about laws here.

@Andrew0409 I donā€™t think that is the ā€˜basically extent of his crimeā€™. If he had made the threat and upon investigation they could find nothing, no piles of gun, ammunition, shooting range , extensive online research etc, I am pretty sure this case would not have gotten as serious as it did.

Which is like every other house in my neighborhood. Itā€™s no where damning of an actual plot, other then they were illegally obtained as a foreigner. What did he even google? How to get a AK? I know half the kids playing video games must have googled that.

His case is serious because it was illegal for him as a foreigner and the sensitivity of school shootings in the US.

1 Like

We all took basic psychology classes when getting a teachers degree. And I have unfortunately met face to face with at least one confirmed sociopath. The scariest thing I have witnessed in my life is the transformation.

Why would a lawyer risk losing her license to protect this kid by hiding evidence? Was she just protecting herselfā€¦Or is this kid one of those deadly charmers? I mean, everyone around him is lying on the floor ready for him to step on them and get away from it all. It is a bit beyond normal behavior.

As to laws, I am not sure what the ROC government can do to protect the public from a potential threat.

In a free society, you canā€™t just lock people up before they commit crimes, but the kid is obviously trouble waiting to happen, and his parents are completely out of their depth. All it takes is one look at his eyes and you can tell heā€™s a sociopath and potential serial killer. The scariest part is that heā€™s obviously smart too. That flamethrower he put together was a serious weapon. At this point, the lesson heā€™s surely taken is that heā€™s gotten away with everything heā€™s done so far, and thereā€™s nothing to stop him from realizing his destructive fantasies.

3 Likes

True, but is 'every other house in your neighborhood making threats to shoot up a school?

You donā€™t get that the 2 things (owning guns etc and making threats) are completely different by themselves but a totally different thing when combined.