Taiwanese student in USA accused of plotting school massacre

Again, I don’t know and neither do you about him being insane. He may very well be.

The point I’m making is that there’s no legal precedent to ban him from going places in public. and that it’s hardly damning evidence that someone would have guns and Ammon in a house. If I accuse someone of plotting a murder by shooting. And the gun owns a some guns and rounds. That’s hardly enough to prove it without a doubt.

He confessed he made the threat and ‘that was just a joke’

We can all look back on this thread after the inevitable happens and you can say “hate to say I told you so” to everyone, milky.

How about owning a flamethrower? I mean, even gangsters here carry bats and golf clubs and other non conspicuous weapons.

I hope someone makes the call if this kid manufactures anything more complex than a pancake.

2 Likes

No. I’m agreeing with you about this. Just not that he should be banned in going places and such. And that the evidence is hardly that damning if you consider many people have the exact same things as he did. And yes, i know he got it illegally which is also a crime.

But yeah, when I was a kid. I’ve heard of people joking of blowing up the school as a joke. Killing and hoping a teacher die in varies ways. But these days you can not do that for obvious reasons in the US.

Not illegal in the US. No laws on it. I knew 2 guys who built one. And one became a pastor another CPA.

Did you see his reaction after getting arrested? They had to cue him to look at least serious. Never contrite. He’s got this scary half crooked smile that will make cover pages someday.

This isn’t the kind of thing you want to be right about, but I know that look in his eyes, and let’s just say you won’t be seeing me on public transportation for a good long while.

1 Like

He built his flamethrower in Taiwan. Put it on FB. No legal issues about it? Is it because there is no law against it or is it because Mom and Dad promptly sent him abroad to escape the consequences?

Context.

Question: did they make those jokes a few days after one of the bloodiest school massacres so far?

1 Like

He should be treated, not incarcerated. What he did is not normal regardless if millions have more guns than him. If your friends made such threats or jokes before I imagine it was in different context, not in a foreign country, where you did your own hidden due deligence to have all guns, training even building skills of these things. On the top of that finalizing the plan by telling one of your fellow new country classmate about your plan.

I’m hoping that Taiwan government could do something about this particular person for the benefit of public safety.

Don’t mind me, I’m just a gun enthusiast trying to ride the Taipei MRT.

1 Like

Basically the only way he’s going to receive the intervention he needs is if the parents step in and take responsibility for what they’ve created. But so far, they’ve done nothing but devote all their time and resources to making sure he can avoid the consequences of his actions.

The only way this is going to end well is if the kid gets hit by a bus crossing the street. Fortunately, the chances of this happening in Taiwan are relatively high.

2 Likes

Tried to look up that video but couldn’t find it

His waving to the cameras like a movie star…sigh.

2 Likes

cheap flamethrower: take any can of aerosal and hold a bunch of matches with pliers. Light matches, spray can over lit matches. Only weapon i learned how to make myself as a kid

Psychos like this are a dime a dozen here or anywhere really. I predict you never hear his name again.

1 Like

It’s creepy.

After looking at some comments on PTT and seeing what some Taiwanese have to say about him. It’s going to be hard for someone as “well adjusted” as himself to deal with the things people are saying in the media and online. Having Elliot 2.0 get thrust into some type of weird fame in the Taiwan media is going to be too much for our sweet innocent boy to deal with.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a public tragedy sooner than later.

I really hope so TG