Taiwanese version of newegg

For the uninitiated newegg is an online computer vendor operating outta the US, what I’m wondering is if there’s a Taiwanese equivalent of this website. Everyone I’ve asked, friends or family, have said to just go down to Guang Hua market. The problem with this is that the they don’t always carry everything I want, must pay cash only and just a general lack of options compared to a large online retailer.

For the system builders here on Forumosa how do you get it done here in Taiwan, just leg it and shop for it in Guang Hua?

I guess pchome is the closest equivalent I could think of (shopping.pchome.com.tw). But yeah if you want components and not finished products, guanghua is it. Most of the retailers should be able to accept credit cards.

I don’t shop from Newegg much anymore, since state sales tax is now through the roof.

Qrap, what is it that’s you want that’s so hard to find in GuangHua?

Oh nothing specific yet, I’m just talking about past experience when I would need a part for my PC. I’d read up on the internet, write down the part name/component number etc. and head out to the market only to find out they don’t have it or it’s outta stock or whatnot. Happened once with sticks of Ram and another with a aftermarket heatsink.

Right now I’m just in the very early stages of maybe getting a new rig together. Testing the waters so to speak so I wanna keep an eye out, maybe if there’s a good deal happening I might just pull the trigger and get things moving earlier.

Thanks for the PC Home website, nice large selection with combo deals etc. Albeit a bit more expensive than other US online retailers that I’ve trolled around recently but it’s a good gauge to see what’s what in the PC market here in Taiwan.

Just as a note, if you pay with CC in guanghua most places will charge you 10% more

I hate shopping at Guanghua…they never seem to have anything I want/need in stock, and most of the merchants also try to peddle whatever else they have too much of.

“You want Windows Vista in English? Why? Buy Ca-P! It’s better and cheaper!”
“You want brand name memory? Why? Buy this, it’s so much better and cheaper!”

Plus everytime I pay for stuff with cash, they always have to do this exaggerated motion of holding up the bill in the light to make sure it’s real. Is counterfeit monopoly money really that big a problem in Taibeiguo? You can’t trust me enough to take a NT$500 bill? Should we start paying people with US dollars instead?

[quote=“catfish13”]I hate shopping at Guanghua…they never seem to have anything I want/need in stock, and most of the merchants also try to peddle whatever else they have too much of.

“You want Windows Vista in English? Why? Buy Ca-P! It’s better and cheaper!”
“You want brand name memory? Why? Buy this, it’s so much better and cheaper!”

Plus everytime I pay for stuff with cash, they always have to do this exaggerated motion of holding up the bill in the light to make sure it’s real. Is counterfeit monopoly money really that big a problem in Taibeiguo? You can’t trust me enough to take a NT$500 bill? Should we start paying people with US dollars instead?[/quote]

it’s fun for going there on a saturday or something i guess but not when you actually want to get something and get out of there. the grey market phone/gadgets place just directly ahead of the escalator on the 2nd floor is cool tho for checking out the new, not-released-in-taiwan stuff, however.

the place opposite the farmers market from the actual building on the corner of bade and jianguo in the basement is pretty great tho for getting electronics bits and random small tools. it’s like digikey volume prices at quantity 1. built an IR pen for a wiimote-based digital whiteboard for something like $110NT total for all the stuff from parts from there, including the metal housing (re-used a little led hiking light they had on sale).