Taiwanese women with silly voices

[quote=“domino”]Some girls were born with that kind of voice. I’m one of those. It takes time for people around me to understand that I’m not faking my voice. Lots people judge me by my voice and think I’m very girly or I’d use my voice to get boys to do my work for me (both at school and at work) …blahblah…all untrue.

See how they talk with girls and then you will know if they are faking.[/quote]

Yea I agree, but its almost impossible to tell whether or not a girl is faking the voice or if its natural.
Sometimes they emphasize it so much that its just unbearable, so I guess that might be an indication that its fake.
But girls fake the voice with their friends as well. I’ve seen it.
I think its almost like its ingrained into the back of their brain by the time high school rolls around and they convince themselves that its real, and cute.

[quote=“Leftywang81”][quote=“domino”]Some girls were born with that kind of voice. I’m one of those. It takes time for people around me to understand that I’m not faking my voice. Lots people judge me by my voice and think I’m very girly or I’d use my voice to get boys to do my work for me (both at school and at work) …blahblah…all untrue.

See how they talk with girls and then you will know if they are faking.[/quote]

Yea I agree, but its almost impossible to tell whether or not a girl is faking the voice or if its natural.
Sometimes they emphasize it so much that its just unbearable, so I guess that might be an indication that its fake.
But girls fake the voice with their friends as well. I’ve seen it.
I think its almost like its ingrained into the back of their brain by the time high school rolls around and they convince themselves that its real, and cute.[/quote]

It’s all a spin off from Japan whereby everything that comes from there is great, hence their obsession with white skin, behaving like a pre-pubescent school girl, knobbly knees, hello kitty etc and so on. Look at these silly chat shows which make funny noises and voice overs . The women aren’t actually there for their ability as a guest or even as a host. They all take coquettishnes to the nth degree with silly voices to match.

Alas, not even motherhood rids them of these ailment as they tend to cling on to it as a sort of arlta ego.

since there’re so many singing shows in tw(n around the world), you can change your voice by receiving some operations of your vocal cord by an ENT physician.
Just like there’re so many girls changed their appearances/figures into barbie dolls by plastic surgeries, even more, a boy changed himself into a girl (like the Korean 河莉秀) I suppose it’s getting harder & harder to say the difference between true & fake. depends on you like it or not.
My voice is some kinda like the way the OP mentioned, ppl mock it even since my childhood, but that’s me. I won’t feel shamed about this. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[quote=“claret”]since there’re so many singing shows in tw(n around the world), you can change your voice by receiving some operations of your vocal cord by an ENT physician.
Just like there’re so many girls changed their appearances/figures into barbie dolls by plastic surgeries, even more, a boy changed himself into a girl (like the Korean 河莉秀) I suppose it’s getting harder & harder to say the difference between true & fake. depends on you like it or not.
My voice is some kinda like the way the OP mentioned, people mock it even since my childhood, but that’s me. I won’t feel shamed about this. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote]

As you shouldn’t. If you were born with it, thats 100% you.
I’ve always wondered why girls feel the need to “fix” their nose, as if its not hard to tell that they got some kind of procedure. Personally, I know more than a few girls who have fixed their nose, and I thought every single one of them looked better BEFORE the nose job. Just goes to show that the girls here will go to great lengths to appeal to their male counterpart targets. Apparently the high voice, fake plastic-looking facial features, pale vampire skin look is exactly what Taiwanese guys like in a woman. But guys do the same as well, just not to the same degree. Guys buy and drive fast expensive cars and nice houses because girls like guys that drive fast expensive cars and live in nice houses. To quote Dave Chappelle, “If a guy could fuck a girl in a cardboard box, he wouldn’t buy a house!”

[quote=“Leftywang81”]
Yea I agree, but its almost impossible to tell whether or not a girl is faking the voice or if its natural.[/quote]

Actually it’s very simple to find out. If she’s faking it, most likely she couldn’t do (wouldn’t know how) the same when speaking English.

I think perception of this is personal and also could depend on how long you live in Taiwan. One of my former friend had genuinely soft and cute voice and it could be very pleasing and appealing to hear.

[quote=“chubbypanda”][quote=“Leftywang81”]
Yea I agree, but its almost impossible to tell whether or not a girl is faking the voice or if its natural.[/quote]

Actually it’s very simple to find out. If she’s faking it, most likely she couldn’t do (wouldn’t know how) the same when speaking English.

I think perception of this is personal and also could depend on how long you live in Taiwan. One of my former friend had genuinely soft and cute voice and it could be very pleasing and appealing to hear.[/quote]

Interesting. I’ve never thought about English.
I will admit that there are some that don’t overdo it with the high pitch voice, but they are usually the ones that aren’t too high–so can it still be considered a high pitch voice? I think with the voice, its a matter of just how high can you stand before it starts getting annoying.

[quote=“chubbypanda”]

I think perception of this is personal and also could depend on how long you live in Taiwan. One of my former friend had genuinely soft and cute voice and it could be very pleasing and appealing to hear.[/quote]

I’ve been told that I vocalize differently in English and Mandarin. When I speak or sing in English I tend to have a lower voice than my Mandarin. People have also informed me when I speak or sing in Taiwanese Holo (Taigi), I vocalize the same way I do English. I don’t think I switch how I vocalize on purpose, so I wonder if that truly reflects if someone’s “faking it”.

I presume Mandarin tends to force a higher pitch, due to the large drop and steep contour of the 4th Mandarin tone (falling tone), where as the Taigi second tone (Ying Shang), while similar to the Mandarin falling tone, doesn’t drop as much and isn’t as steep. I’m basing this on how I say things, my Mandarin falling tone is 51, and my Taigi Ying Shang tone is 31. So since I have limited range going down, I have to keep the rest of my mandarin at a higher pitch so I don’t start coughing when I get to my 4th tone… just my theory…

It used to be worse. Picture a geisha, whitish skin, black obasan hair, baby voice singing and playing that instrument and men in Japan drooling for that. At least chinese and japanese didn’t import this silly fashion from Japan. Actually taiwanese women should start to embrace their natural beauty and voice instead of trying to be japanese women. Something strange is the obsession here in importing or copying other cultures, why are they not proud of their own culture? Lots of women here love to brag that their shoes, clothes, cars (even the husbands) were made in USA, Italy, France, Japan or somewhere else.