Taiwan's audible library/ audible plus catalog

Does anyone know if the available books are similar to America? Is it mostly the same stuff?

What about audible plus (the books you can listen to as much as you want but don’t get to keep)? Are those available here?

I’m considering paying for audible since my commute to work is about to get much longer (and I already like listening to audiobooks. Been using my american library card but I’m running out of books I want to listen to on there. I guess I can start putting holds on more books but still curious about audible)

Not sure if you are aware, but you can sign up for different libraries in America to get access to different audiobooks through overdrive/libby. I have 3 libraries that I use. Most of the libraries don’t charge anything either.

3 Likes

Which ones don’t charge, like is there a list? Edit I’m using one from where I lived previously

I’m currently an Audible subscriber, and the catalog certainly seems big. There are a couple of books I can’t find, but I’m not sure if they’re available on Audible anywhere.

Plenty of Audible Plus books.

Note however with Audible (i.e. Amazon) I’m unclear “where” Amazon considers me to be. Taiwanese credit card, my Kindle location is set to Taiwan, I don’t use a VPN.

Anecdotally: on Reddit, I’ve seen people in the United States unable to find Audible titles that I can see.

Keep an eye out for deals - I think first three months for USD$5/month is common, or maybe even always.

It looks like if I open Audible in a private window (and don’t log in), I see slightly different availability: Nick Offerman’s narration of a couple of Wendell Berry’s books IS available in the private window, but is not available when I’m logged in.

1 Like

I’m not sure if there is a list. All of the ones in my state, seem to be free. I just have to prove I’m a resident of the state usually with my drivers license. Maybe try some of the libraries in the larger cities of your state.

2 Likes

I got three months of audible for free when I signed up for Amazon. Didn’t even need to use my credit card. Came with three credits (one per month) for the “premium” or whatever titles.

I haven’t used it much, as my library back home has plenty in their system for me to borrow.

2 Likes