Taiwan's Awesome Fruit!

I went to Jason’s Market earlier today and they were selling peaches – two for like 270nt :astonished:

1 Like

大容量果園(八里陳家)
02 2618 1671

Saw fresh waxberries here today. NT$300 a box. Larger than I’ve seen before (I notice a photo on google maps compares them to NT$10 coins) and more sweet than tart than I remembered. Ymmv. The photo below is not a full box, but after we’d already eaten a couple and then six more.

4 Likes

Soooo far away

1 Like

Those things gotta be in the markets in Taipei somewhere.

I haven’t had them this year, but in past years I really enjoyed them.

Guy

1 Like

Haha yeah especially with public transit. But if I get bored I might try. Red line toward Tamsui, Youbike across the closest bridge

You can get them pretty easily in markets this time of year. 樹莓 shu mei (tree berries). Not $300 a box either, I don’t think.

2 Likes

Breaking news: Tainan mangoes are delicious! :rofl:

Guy

5 Likes

:roll_eyes:

Yes! Finally!

Mangoes are awesome.

2 Likes

Yes, I see some old trees on the streets here with nice mangos. It’s good no one takes the fruit, with it being in the city near the metro station.

Yanchao (Kao City - Gangshan) fruits!

1 Like

It was a bit of a slow start to the season, with a lot of small fruit hitting the market early, but there appears to be a lot of better mangoes around now. The big long whoppers — scientific name provided gratis — have been reliably good.

Lychees have been lighter on stock, I’ve had one great, and one forgettable bunch.

1 Like