Taiwan's Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明) [TO BE DISCONTINUED AT THE END OF MAY 2023]

Bit of a late-comer to the discussion, but I was being lazy in the hope that Taiwan would not start checking vaccine certificates to access certain venues. Now it is so here I am.

I took the first two jabs in Taiwan, had them recognised in Italy and took the booster there a couple of months ago. I was issued a Green Pass (that’s how the digital vaccine certificate is called in Italy) with QR code, which I assume is the universal EU format. Can it be scanned and recognised here, as CDC claims, or not? Any feedback on this?

Thank you :smiley:

We probably need a volunteer who goes to a tea house now to try it out :man_shrugging:

1 Like

The answer seems to be yes

The verification system for digital COVID-19 certificates, which will be available at the website 數位新冠病毒健康證明查驗, can be used to scan the QR codes on digital certificates issued by Taiwan, the CECC said.

It can also scan certificates issued by countries in the European Union and non-EU countries that have joined the EU Digital COVID Certificate system, as Taiwan has also joined the system, the CECC said.

2 Likes

I rather understood it as you can upload your EU certificate to the Taiwanese website, and they will create a Taiwanese certificate?

I can only check Saturday morning, tomorrow I am still under self health management to see what a bar /pub says to EU Covid pass…

I have mine uploaded into Google pay. Confuses the heck out or people in Europe…

Just got my booster yesterday. Applied for the certificate this morning, it’s only showing my 1st and 2nd shots, not the booster. Is this likely a matter of my data simply not being updated as yet in the NHI’s database?

So basically the idea is to download this PDF file and keep it handy on your phone?

Yes,and they made some amendments so it went offline for a bit. Check again today. Mine appeared the next day.

1 Like

Possibly - but somewhere I read that a dose doesn’t “count” as valid until two weeks after the shot, so that could be another reason. (Sorry, I’ve jumped through too many different pages this morning and I doubt I could find the link again.)

For now that’s what I’m doing. There are definitely apps that are supposed to handle it, but it’s still unclear how they work for the Taiwanese certificates and I’m not going to bother with those until necessary.

1 Like

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.rki.covpass.app&hl=en&gl=US
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.rki.covpass.checkapp&hl=en&gl=US

Updated copies to latest version from Jan 17

Edit: removed outdated share links

3 Likes

Not really a “tea house with entertainers” person :rofl: :rofl: but I read that clubs and KTVs are also included, that’s why I woke up from my laziness.

I guess that I will have to wait for this app to be live and check the QR code out.

https://dvc.mohw.gov.tw/verifier-web
This is a web app (website). No installation needed, but requires internet connection.
You can open it on a smartphone, need to allow access to camera. Then just scan the qr code.

If the certificate is valid, it will show:

通過

3 Likes

Thanks @slawa appreciate it! Btw do you have download links for the German Luca app as well? I heard some places only work with Luca, for whatever reason.

ApkMirror has it

Good news on the latest update. Booster received in Taiwan shows up properly, if the first two doses were done overseas.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Taiwan Digital COVID-19 Certificate - Discussion

So any clues it you have a EU covid certificate, any reason to try to get one from Taiwan? Or just show the EU one? Can you actually get one in Taiwan without being vaccinated here?

Taiwan digital certificate is technically the same as the EU one. You can use the EU digital certificate as proof here too.

3 Likes

I got mine 8pm yesterday. Today it was already listed when I downloaded the certificate.

3 Likes

They want to sell these scanners?

Same here, in the pre-“fixed” version my name showed up in English, albeit with a comma in a weird place, now my name is in Chinese only however keeps the comma in a weird place.

1 Like

If someone wants to try out the verifier, there is an example certificate

1 Like