Taiwan's Digital COVID Vaccine Certificate (數位新冠病毒健康證明) [TO BE DISCONTINUED AT THE END OF MAY 2023]

You can check the Vaccines dates on the NHI App (Go to My Health Bank > Covid 19-Vaccines/Testing Result )

If you have problems login in the App ,then you can go to NHI office (1st floor) and ask for customer service about the NHI App

I recently updated my ARC to the new format number and I couldn’t login in the NHI App , but in less than 5 minutes the problem was fixed

https://www.nhi.gov.tw/English/Content_List.aspx?n=4C7FFA9638B52D8E&topn=BCB2B0D2433F6491

https://www.nhi.gov.tw/Content_List.aspx?n=3C228CAB408A41F8&topn=FB01D469347C76A7&upn=3B3949BB6233694C

1 Like

Some advice please.

I’m fully vaccinated - all doses received in Hong Kong.
I’m now in Taiwan. I have an ARC through marriage.
I plan to travel to Europe in the summer and I see that a vaccination certificate that is recognised in Europe would be a good idea.
Taiwan certificate is recognised. Hong Kong one is not.
What’s the process to get my HK vaccine certificate transferred to the Taiwan one, assuming I can get a Taiwan one?

After you clear immigration nobody will ask for your vaccination certificate. For immigration your Hong Kong Certificate should be fine.

I’m more concerned about being able to check in and board a flight. I don’t want to be denied boarding because my HK certificate is not recognised, and I haven’t taken a test. I agree that once in the country, nobody is likely to check.

Check the website of the airline you booked for the documents you do need to travel.

Yes, its stated clearly on the country I want to visit.

COVID-19 | Measures implemented in Portugal | www.visitportugal.com)%20Vaccination%20Certificate.

Taiwan certificate is fine, HK not

1 Like

I hope you can figure this out. It must be possible. Let us know how it works.

Guy

2 Likes

hm ok.
It reads like you will have to take a test.

According to this site you need to visit your public health center and provide them with proof of your vaccine.

https://www.ecct.com.tw/overseas-vaccinations-now-valid-for-taiwans-covid-19-certificate/

1 Like

The Philippine government has recognized Taiwan’s Digital COVID-19 Certificate and now allows vaccinated individuals coming from Taiwan to enter without quarantine.

1 Like

Inquiry: if you’ve had COVID and reported it, is this vaccine certificate going to be updated?

As far as I can tell time and necessity of future vaccines is partly contingent on when/if you’ve caught the bug; plus I may need some piece of paper explaining “Yes, this is why I’m a weak positive on a PCR - I tested positive a few weeks ago. Can we just skip all these next steps?”

Yes , you can select the types of Digital Covid-19 certificates that you want

• Vaccination Certificate 疫苗接種數位證明
  • Isolation Cetificate 接觸者隔離證明
  • Test Result Certificate 檢驗結果數位證明
  • Reissuing Designated Residence Isolation Notice 確診者指定處所隔離通知書補發

Also you can check your records on the NHI app

2 Likes

There is no such thing as weak positive, PCR is either positive or negative. I had COVID at the beginning of May and traveled at the beginning of June with a negative PCR test. No need to explain that you had the bug.

If I’ve got it right, a Ct value of 25 is a stronger positive than one of say 40 (one source, which includes the category “probable (likely) cases”).

My main concern is avoiding what @TaipAmy had to go through, where they’d recently had COVID and had recovered, but later tested positive on PCR test and as a result had to start their quarantine over. (If I’ve got that right.) As far as I can tell there’s a small but significant chance I’d still test positive on a PCR now, even though my symptoms are long gone.

1 Like

Anyway, I just went into the certification site as linked at the top of this thread (repeating the link here). As far as I can tell, my vaccination certificate is unchanged, but there is an additional “Test Result Certificate”, that shows my positive test was registered on May 28 (the day I had a telehealth appointment, NOT the date I actually reported & uploaded the positive test result). There’s nothing on that about how long my quarantine or isolation was supposed to be. I’ve downloaded that and I’ll print it as well to carry with me for international travel (as well as having it in the Notes app on my phone), just in case it’s relevant anywhere. I have no idea if it is.

On that page, there are also menus for Isolation Certificate and Designated Residence Isolation Notice. Nothing appears for me for those; I’m not sure if it even should, since my isolation is now done.

Yes, my PCR was still positive three weeks after first symptoms and after 16 days of being symptom free. Then 15 (7+7) quarantine days later my first rapid test was positive. Another hour or so of fighting later my second rapid test was negative.

Usually the PCR should be negative after two weeks, but it can take up to 60 days or more for some. Rapid tests can be positive or negative at any time basically. My cousin is a nurse in the US and said she’s given rapid tests to people minutes apart where one is positive and one is negative.

1 Like

I think you can get 7000nt for the first 7 days of your quarantine. I haven’t tried yet though.

Edit… I didn’t try to quote that “nothing” but it’s strangely relevant.

1 Like

I followed the instructions but unfortunately met a problem. While my vaccines are in the ‘system’ (I’m told they can be seen), as I have not had a Taiwan vaccine, I cannot get the official certificate. And, as I have already had booster jabs in Hong Kong, I cannot get any more jabs in Taiwan. Not sure what to do next.

Maybe you need to get a HK certificate

I have a HK certificate. The problem is that the HK certificate is not recognised in Europe (specifically entry to Portugal) while the Taiwan one is.