Taiwan's true strength in a war with China: Suicide bombs?

I had a good chuckle at the following article with this quote:

I don’t want or believe a war will take place, but making a comparison between the beheaders and suicide bombers of Iraq, and the conscripted kids in the Taiwan army is just ludicrous.

I would say that war would be folly for China, but for other reasons.

chinapost.com.tw/editorial/d … 0344&GRP=i

Has there ever been any tradition of suicide bombing in all of Chinese history? :loco:

This article is truly one of the most idiotic and factually ignorant rants I have ever seen published in the 3 ass-wipe fish wraps english lingo dailies here on the island.

If any of the staff members of this detrius are frequenters of Forumosa I have a question - “What fucking colour is the sun on your planet?”

Such idiots.

Have a nice day!

Yeah, just like the residents of Baghdad, my Taiwanese friends will all pull out their AK-47’s…

Yes, the Uighurs (sp?) in XinJiang (NW China) have been known to do that.
Maybe you implied by Han though? In that case I too do not know.

YingFan

Does it count if we strap Elmer Feng or Chou Yi to a bomb and drop him on Beijing?

[quote=“EEzzee!”]I don’t want or believe a war will take place, but making a comparison between the beheaders and suicide bombers of Iraq, and the conscripted kids in the Taiwan army is just ludicrous.
[/quote]

Just imagine what they could do with stinky tofu bombs. I don’t even want to think about it.

cheers,
DB

send a squadron of blue trucks…That’ll fak 'em.

I’m not 100% positive about Uighur separatists but there are also instances of “suicide bombing” attacks during war time. I forget the name, but I remember reading someone being made a revolutionary martyr when he detonated a satchel charge inside an American fortified position during the Korean war. Same thing probably happened lots during the Sino-Japanese war.

Not just a squadron, all of them!!!

Actually, whether it faks 'em or not, it’s probably a good idea. No more blue trucks! :bravo: