Taiwan's visa-free scheme is attracting some unwelcome (sex worker) visitors

I don’t know if this is a valid news source or story.

https://asiancorrespondent.com/2018/09/southeast-asian-prostitutes-taiwan-visa-free/

Are they really unwanted. I feel like the average age of sex workers is really high in Taiwan. I don’t know how these grandmas stay in business soliciting out in places in Wanhua.

3 Likes

Not if you ask me
:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

“She confessed to police that she had sex with seven to eight clients a day during her visits to Taiwan, with each trip lasting around 15 days. This amounts to a maximum of 120 customers per visit and a total of 600 over five trips.”

business is good!

a "staggering " number of 309 people were “found” to be providing sex services. ( out of 410,000 extra visitors, Sounds just like K-Man stuff, :roll_eyes: Edit: that’s about half the number ofTaiwanese girls working at the golden jaguars’ couple of places in Taichung … but hey … nothing to see here .

3 Likes

Many Taiwanese travel to SE Asia countries and have sex with sex workers there ! Especially the men. What is needed is really good sex education,involving especially sexually transmitted diseases.
Such as HIV. It’s certainly not just the handful of SE Asian women in Taiwan engaging in prostitution that is the worry. It’s the much larger numbers of Taiwanese who travel there for sex. Most everyone knows Bangkok, for example has a lot of sex workers. So does Vietnam , etc.

1 Like

Do you mean “especially the men” go to SE Asia for sex, or people go there especially for the men?

3 Likes

Many Taiwanese professional sex workers travel overseas too.

We all like to travel.

At that rate, how many trips would she need to have sex with the entire island?

2 Likes

Something must be done to protect local whores from unfair competition! Think of all the lost business for Louis Vuitton.

5 Likes

That’s a highly nuanced joke.

Anyone doesn’t get it let me know and I’ll break it down for you.

WELL I meant that the menfolk like to go to SE Asia for sex . But of course different people have different perspectives.

No one says exactly what law was broken. Maybe working without a permit on a tourist visa.

Funny, the story is about Taiwan, but they use a picture from Thailand.

2 Likes

Throughout Asia media tries to paint Thailand as sleaze central. In point of fact Taiwan has a greater percentage of its population engaged in the “special entertainment” industries (around 400,000 people although not all of those are hookers per se).

1 Like

After I read your post, my ears began ringing and the words “older women” and “sex” kept overriding my CPU. Apparently other people posted after you, but I haven’t a clue what they wrote.

1 Like

Nope! Just free condoms!

Work:

“activity involving mental or physical effort done in order to achieve a result.”
“work one’s balls/arse off; work one’s ass/butt off”