Taiwanted ads in right hand column

Very nice. But:
a. The links all point to f.com, not to the ads
b. many people are still having trouble posting ads on Taiwanted

The site looks good tho. Glad you fixed the templates.

[quote=“Loretta”]Very nice. But:
a. The links all point to f.com, not to the ads
b. many people are still having trouble posting ads on Taiwanted

The site looks good tho. Glad you fixed the templates.[/quote]
Cheers

The new Taiwanted site is NOT ready yet - but, man, are we close. These links that you see these past couple of days are not to the current Taiwanted “live” website, but to the new one that has long been in development

It is helpful to have a development site that is full of data, and the final steps will include moving over the current “real” ads. But I also want to give the Taiwanted users a chance to fix up their ads before that site goes live

We’ve managed to figure out 2 things that have stumped us: integrating BOTH the login and the way the templates of both websites work with one another. So we have figured out the login problems for the new Taiwanted, we just need to flick the switch :sunglasses:

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

So, fiddling with things pays dividends? Who woulda thunk it?

From another thread in feedback:

Indeed - but also critical to our plans to make Forumosa a self-sustaining website: which it almost is

In the “work” forum, one of the ads stretches the page.
Here’s the copied text from the ad.

[quote]Chinese-to-English translation by a native speaker of English
中文翻成英文由母語為英文的翻譯者翻譯 明晰翻譯社 甘修慧(Kenneth G. Kraynak) 敬上 &#3[/quote]The links all point to the work forum, too.

Looks way better, thanks for the good work, sirs.
:notworthy:

Also in Travel, and Business, there are ads stretching the page and squeezing the forumosa up on the left. Otherwise it looks pretty good.

There are not.
You are such a liar.

Thanks Gus. That’s much better.

WAIT NOW MY VIEWS ARE ALL STRETCH! Yesterday I didn’t have any ads or stretching and today the ads on the right hand side of the page are stretched way over to the left.

:runaway:

Now I see what you guys were talking about in the other thread. I see the width of the text in each post at about 7 or 8 words.

Edit: Sorry Gus, WinXp, Firefox 3.0.3

The Travel Forum, Business Forum is all stretched out by ads.

[quote=“914”]The Travel Forum, Business Forum is all stretched out by ads.[/quote]This is because one of the ad’s body is all in Chinese with no spaces so it ends up all on one line. Actually, it’s worse than that, the Chinese gets changed into “中文” stuff. Still ends up all on one line because there’s no spaces in it.

:runaway: Yeah its making my head explode squinting… I’ve had to kick off looking at those forums until its fixed, I can’t handle it.

So what happened to the two ads I had in the Taiwanted forum yesterday? Have existing ads been nixed when the separate Taiwanted site was finally brought back up? No big deal, just askin’.

They should be in the temp forum - Goose Egg is still ironing out the kinks in Taiwanted, so we need the thread for Feedback. I’m reading all the threads here, but I’m unable to definitely answer questions as to when exactly we’ll be up and running. That’s for the Goose to say! :hand: